Post office needs to pull socks up
THE Royston post office s pathetic reply to Mrs Findlay s excellent letter in The Crow two weeks ago made me laugh out loud. The point made in Mrs Findlay s letter was that the scales seemed to defrauding the public, for which no apology was given. Intere
THE Royston post office's pathetic reply to Mrs Findlay's excellent letter in The Crow two weeks ago made me laugh out loud.
The point made in Mrs Findlay's letter was that the scales seemed to defrauding the public, for which no apology was given.
Interestingly, my wife reported last week when visiting the post office that she saw the scales in pieces and, obviously, undergoing checking or repair.
Would it not have been honest to admit that there was a problem and that this has now been addressed?
You may also want to watch:
I second Mr Downing in applauding Mrs Findlay and in wanting some competition to make the post office pull its socks up.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand
Honey Way, Royston
I HOPE it's not too late to join the Royston post office complaint line.
Last week I was standing at the front of the queue where an annoying notice tells you to wait to be called.
The person at the window near me finished her transaction and left, and I moved to her place only to be told that I had not been called.
I slunk back to the queue feeling like a criminal and decided I will not visit there again unless it is absolutely necessary.
We have a marvellous post office in Barley - and long may it remain.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED