Post office needs to pull socks up
THE Royston post office s pathetic reply to Mrs Findlay s excellent letter in The Crow two weeks ago made me laugh out loud. The point made in Mrs Findlay s letter was that the scales seemed to defrauding the public, for which no apology was given. Intere
THE Royston post office's pathetic reply to Mrs Findlay's excellent letter in The Crow two weeks ago made me laugh out loud.
The point made in Mrs Findlay's letter was that the scales seemed to defrauding the public, for which no apology was given.
Interestingly, my wife reported last week when visiting the post office that she saw the scales in pieces and, obviously, undergoing checking or repair.
Would it not have been honest to admit that there was a problem and that this has now been addressed?
You may also want to watch:
I second Mr Downing in applauding Mrs Findlay and in wanting some competition to make the post office pull its socks up.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Honey Way, Royston
I HOPE it's not too late to join the Royston post office complaint line.
Last week I was standing at the front of the queue where an annoying notice tells you to wait to be called.
The person at the window near me finished her transaction and left, and I moved to her place only to be told that I had not been called.
I slunk back to the queue feeling like a criminal and decided I will not visit there again unless it is absolutely necessary.
We have a marvellous post office in Barley - and long may it remain.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED