Pork loin with pineapple and apples
Ingredients One loin of pork joint 50g (2oz) unsalted butter 1 tbsps olive oil half a medium pineapple 3 eating apples salt and pepper 3 tbsps rum Method SEASON the joint well, then brown the pork all over in a casserole dish in the oil and half the butt
One loin of pork joint
50g (2oz) unsalted butter
1 tbsps olive oil
You may also want to watch:
half a medium pineapple
3 eating apples
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
salt and pepper
3 tbsps rum
SEASON the joint well, then brown the pork all over in a casserole dish in the oil and half the butter. Add 4 fl oz hot water, turn the heat to low, cover the casserole and simmer gently for about 11/2 hours, either on the top of the stove or in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 5, 190 deg C, 370 deg F. Cut the pineapple into chunks, removing all the skin and "eyes", Core and cut the apples into quarters. Towards the end of the cooking time, melt the rest of the butter in a non-stick pan and cook the apple and pineapple chunks gently for five minutes, stirring well. Add them to the casserole for the last five minutes.
When the meat is done, remove to a hot serving plate. Add the rum and a little more hot water to the casserole to make a thin gravy, stirring well into the pineapple and apples.
Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Slice the meat and serve with the pineapple gravy.