Pork loin with pineapple and apples
Ingredients One loin of pork joint 50g (2oz) unsalted butter 1 tbsps olive oil half a medium pineapple 3 eating apples salt and pepper 3 tbsps rum Method SEASON the joint well, then brown the pork all over in a casserole dish in the oil and half the butt
One loin of pork joint
50g (2oz) unsalted butter
1 tbsps olive oil
You may also want to watch:
half a medium pineapple
3 eating apples
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 6 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand
salt and pepper
3 tbsps rum
SEASON the joint well, then brown the pork all over in a casserole dish in the oil and half the butter. Add 4 fl oz hot water, turn the heat to low, cover the casserole and simmer gently for about 11/2 hours, either on the top of the stove or in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 5, 190 deg C, 370 deg F. Cut the pineapple into chunks, removing all the skin and "eyes", Core and cut the apples into quarters. Towards the end of the cooking time, melt the rest of the butter in a non-stick pan and cook the apple and pineapple chunks gently for five minutes, stirring well. Add them to the casserole for the last five minutes.
When the meat is done, remove to a hot serving plate. Add the rum and a little more hot water to the casserole to make a thin gravy, stirring well into the pineapple and apples.
Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Slice the meat and serve with the pineapple gravy.