Pedestrians can be so out of step!
I was in my car on a foggy morning last week, when a pedestrian stepped out in front of me in Royston. I couldn t believe it – as if I wasn t big enough to see, with my headlights on full beam! I drove around him and he threw his arms up in the air as if
I was in my car on a foggy morning last week, when a pedestrian stepped out in front of me in Royston. I couldn't believe it - as if I wasn't big enough to see, with my headlights on full beam!
I drove around him and he threw his arms up in the air as if I was to blame.
I'm sorry, but if I'm walking anywhere and see a car coming towards me, I will wait on the pavement until it has gone, not walk into its path with the risk of getting flattened!
I want to know why drivers always get the blame for pedestrians' stupidity?
You may also want to watch:
If an accident was to happen, it's not just the pedestrian who is left traumatised, but the motorist too, but people seem to forget.
If it was the other way round, I'm sure the driver would have had something to say but it seems to be a case of double standards.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 7 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 8 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 9 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic
I'm sure he knew his Highway Code, so why he didn't put it into practice on that occasion I do not know.
I'm sure he wasn't drunk, so I just assumed he was still half asleep and oblivious to everything going on around him.
Cyclists in Cambridge are another matter. They cycle around the city like they own the place.
I'm surprised a lot more accidents don't happen when they cut cars up and don't give right of way.
There are plenty of cycle lanes and cycle paths around the city, so why they don't use them I do not know!
Instead you need eyes in the back of your head to avoid them.