Peas with onions and lettuce
Ingredients 450g (1lb) new peas, shelled 1 Little Gem lettuce 3 shallots 50g (2oz) unsalted butter 1 tsp sugar salt and pepper to taste Method THIS recipe is really good when made with young, tender new peas, one of the nicest of our English summer veget
450g (1lb) new peas, shelled
1 Little Gem lettuce
You may also want to watch:
50g (2oz) unsalted butter
1 tsp sugar
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
salt and pepper to taste
THIS recipe is really good when made with young, tender new peas, one of the nicest of our English summer vegetables.
Wash and shred the lettuce, peel and halve the shallots.
Put them with the peas in a saucepan, just cover with water and add the sugar and a little salt.
Bring to the boil and cook uncovered until the peas are just tender.
Drain them and return to the rinsed-out saucepan with the butter.
Let the vegetables stew gently in the butter for a few minutes to finish them off.