Peas with onions and lettuce
Ingredients 450g (1lb) new peas, shelled 1 Little Gem lettuce 3 shallots 50g (2oz) unsalted butter 1 tsp sugar salt and pepper to taste Method THIS recipe is really good when made with young, tender new peas, one of the nicest of our English summer veget
450g (1lb) new peas, shelled
1 Little Gem lettuce
You may also want to watch:
50g (2oz) unsalted butter
1 tsp sugar
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
salt and pepper to taste
THIS recipe is really good when made with young, tender new peas, one of the nicest of our English summer vegetables.
Wash and shred the lettuce, peel and halve the shallots.
Put them with the peas in a saucepan, just cover with water and add the sugar and a little salt.
Bring to the boil and cook uncovered until the peas are just tender.
Drain them and return to the rinsed-out saucepan with the butter.
Let the vegetables stew gently in the butter for a few minutes to finish them off.