Peas with onions and lettuce
Ingredients 450g (1lb) new peas, shelled 1 Little Gem lettuce 3 shallots 50g (2oz) unsalted butter 1 tsp sugar salt and pepper to taste Method THIS recipe is really good when made with young, tender new peas, one of the nicest of our English summer veget
450g (1lb) new peas, shelled
1 Little Gem lettuce
You may also want to watch:
50g (2oz) unsalted butter
1 tsp sugar
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
salt and pepper to taste
THIS recipe is really good when made with young, tender new peas, one of the nicest of our English summer vegetables.
Wash and shred the lettuce, peel and halve the shallots.
Put them with the peas in a saucepan, just cover with water and add the sugar and a little salt.
Bring to the boil and cook uncovered until the peas are just tender.
Drain them and return to the rinsed-out saucepan with the butter.
Let the vegetables stew gently in the butter for a few minutes to finish them off.