Outsiders causing problems for future of town centre
I HAVE lived in Royston since 1963 and it is true to say that the town centre is not on my list of priorities to visit for many reasons. It seems that the people who say that all is well in Royston do not live here. It makes no difference to me if Council
I HAVE lived in Royston since 1963 and it is true to say that the town centre is not on my list of priorities to visit for many reasons.
It seems that the people who say that all is well in Royston do not live here.
It makes no difference to me if Councillor Thake (Postbag, July 5) is portfolio holder and so on and so forth, because what has been done to the town centre has been done by outsiders
If Cllr Thake is so keen to be useful to the people of Royston here are a few suggestions.
You may also want to watch:
- Get rid of the traffic wardens.
- Half-hour free parking.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
After all, we live in the town so why should we pay for parking when our Council Tax should cover this?
- Reduce the number of loading bays in the High Street.
By the way, the cost of running our car parks in North Herts is more than £500,000-a-year.
In Royston, and in the rest of the country, we are being screwed on a regular basis as follows.
- Double single-lines
- Restricted waiting
- Pay and display penalties, and
- Traffic wardens
Thank goodness we don't have any traffic wardens at the supermarkets.
So there you are Cllr Thake, but I doubt whether you will take any of this on board.
You are a hindrance to Royston.