Outsiders causing problems for future of town centre
I HAVE lived in Royston since 1963 and it is true to say that the town centre is not on my list of priorities to visit for many reasons. It seems that the people who say that all is well in Royston do not live here. It makes no difference to me if Council
I HAVE lived in Royston since 1963 and it is true to say that the town centre is not on my list of priorities to visit for many reasons.
It seems that the people who say that all is well in Royston do not live here.
It makes no difference to me if Councillor Thake (Postbag, July 5) is portfolio holder and so on and so forth, because what has been done to the town centre has been done by outsiders
If Cllr Thake is so keen to be useful to the people of Royston here are a few suggestions.
You may also want to watch:
- Get rid of the traffic wardens.
- Half-hour free parking.
- 1 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 5 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 6 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 7 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 8 Send us photos of your exotic pets!
- 9 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 10 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
After all, we live in the town so why should we pay for parking when our Council Tax should cover this?
- Reduce the number of loading bays in the High Street.
By the way, the cost of running our car parks in North Herts is more than £500,000-a-year.
In Royston, and in the rest of the country, we are being screwed on a regular basis as follows.
- Double single-lines
- Restricted waiting
- Pay and display penalties, and
- Traffic wardens
Thank goodness we don't have any traffic wardens at the supermarkets.
So there you are Cllr Thake, but I doubt whether you will take any of this on board.
You are a hindrance to Royston.