Outsiders causing problems for future of town centre
I HAVE lived in Royston since 1963 and it is true to say that the town centre is not on my list of priorities to visit for many reasons. It seems that the people who say that all is well in Royston do not live here. It makes no difference to me if Council
I HAVE lived in Royston since 1963 and it is true to say that the town centre is not on my list of priorities to visit for many reasons.
It seems that the people who say that all is well in Royston do not live here.
It makes no difference to me if Councillor Thake (Postbag, July 5) is portfolio holder and so on and so forth, because what has been done to the town centre has been done by outsiders
If Cllr Thake is so keen to be useful to the people of Royston here are a few suggestions.
- Get rid of the traffic wardens.
- Half-hour free parking.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 7 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
After all, we live in the town so why should we pay for parking when our Council Tax should cover this?
- Reduce the number of loading bays in the High Street.
By the way, the cost of running our car parks in North Herts is more than £500,000-a-year.
In Royston, and in the rest of the country, we are being screwed on a regular basis as follows.
- Double single-lines
- Restricted waiting
- Pay and display penalties, and
- Traffic wardens
Thank goodness we don't have any traffic wardens at the supermarkets.
So there you are Cllr Thake, but I doubt whether you will take any of this on board.
You are a hindrance to Royston.