Our strategy will help town centre
WHILE I do not wish to prolong the argument with Nick Adams unduly, I must suggest that he reads the draft Town Centre Strategy for Royston before he makes the wild assertion that North Herts District Council s goal is to devalue the retail area and prop
WHILE I do not wish to prolong the argument with Nick Adams unduly, I must suggest that he reads the draft Town Centre Strategy for Royston before he makes the wild assertion that North Herts District Council's goal is to "devalue the retail area and property value to make way for more blocks of flats" (Postbag, February 28).
It is the community as a whole which can add to the vitality of Royston town centre.
Much depends on enterprising traders - and there are several - who will give residents reasons to visit the centre.
It also needs residents and visitors willing to support the traders. Our strategy will help that process, but the district council cannot do it on its own.
You may also want to watch:
* The draft strategy is available on www.north-herts.gov.uk
Cllr TERRY HONE
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Finance,
North Herts District Council