Our strategy will help town centre
WHILE I do not wish to prolong the argument with Nick Adams unduly, I must suggest that he reads the draft Town Centre Strategy for Royston before he makes the wild assertion that North Herts District Council s goal is to devalue the retail area and prop
WHILE I do not wish to prolong the argument with Nick Adams unduly, I must suggest that he reads the draft Town Centre Strategy for Royston before he makes the wild assertion that North Herts District Council's goal is to "devalue the retail area and property value to make way for more blocks of flats" (Postbag, February 28).
It is the community as a whole which can add to the vitality of Royston town centre.
Much depends on enterprising traders - and there are several - who will give residents reasons to visit the centre.
It also needs residents and visitors willing to support the traders. Our strategy will help that process, but the district council cannot do it on its own.
You may also want to watch:
* The draft strategy is available on www.north-herts.gov.uk
Cllr TERRY HONE
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Finance,
North Herts District Council