Our small island is full up
In response to Karen Harmel s letter (postbag, July 16), in no way, shape, or form, was I suggesting that the BNP has the answer to our immigration problem, but at least they have got the guts, unlike the other parties (including the Greens) to stand up a
In response to Karen Harmel's letter (postbag, July 16), in no way, shape, or form, was I suggesting that the BNP has the answer to our immigration problem, but at least they have got the guts, unlike the other parties (including the Greens) to stand up and say we are a small island and we are full up.
Unless the newspapers and the television are telling us lies, the fact is that in many of our schools up and down the country, English is now the second language. Is that what our fathers and grand fathers fought for in two world wars? I don't think so.
Karen Harmel needs to do her homework on our water ways and what the immigrants are doing to them, by getting in touch with angling associations and clubs to find out the true story. Many letters have been published in the angling weeklies and shooting times from all parts of the country about this problem, and I bet she doesn't know people from a certain European country prefer carp for Christmas dinner instead of Turkey.
One last thing. Karen Harmel needs to visit India to realize what little difference our effort in this country will make to the control of global warming.
You may also want to watch:
India is a country of at least twenty times Britain's population is belching out smoke and fumes without any control whatsoever. I can only speak by what I've seen around the city of Dehli and that is only one of many cities in what is a lovely country.
What the Green's propose is like dropping a sugar cube in Grafham Water and expecting it to be sweet - in other words it will not make an iota of difference.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm