Our policy is to reply to all
IN his letter Pathetic sign prime example of apathy (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: I ve had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy
IN his letter "Pathetic sign 'prime' example of apathy" (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: "I've had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy reply."
Mr Flexmore e-mailed the town council on seven occasions during May and June 2006 to which he received a reply. In addition he spoke on the telephone to our town clerk.
His latest e-mail on January 19, 2007 addressed to Cllr Whittaker and agreeing with his comments made at a full council meeting and reported in The Crow contained a rhetorical question.
Our office procedure is strictly adhered to by our excellent town clerk and assistant town clerk = - every item of paper mail is logged and if there is a time gap before it can be answered a courtesy reply is sent.
You may also want to watch:
All electronic mail requiring a reply receives an answer and no such e-mails are deleted.
Cllr JEAN COOK, Buntingford deputy mayor
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 7 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club