Our policy is to reply to all
IN his letter Pathetic sign prime example of apathy (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: I ve had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy
IN his letter "Pathetic sign 'prime' example of apathy" (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: "I've had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy reply."
Mr Flexmore e-mailed the town council on seven occasions during May and June 2006 to which he received a reply. In addition he spoke on the telephone to our town clerk.
His latest e-mail on January 19, 2007 addressed to Cllr Whittaker and agreeing with his comments made at a full council meeting and reported in The Crow contained a rhetorical question.
Our office procedure is strictly adhered to by our excellent town clerk and assistant town clerk = - every item of paper mail is logged and if there is a time gap before it can be answered a courtesy reply is sent.
You may also want to watch:
All electronic mail requiring a reply receives an answer and no such e-mails are deleted.
Cllr JEAN COOK, Buntingford deputy mayor
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 7 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 8 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk