Our policy is to reply to all
IN his letter Pathetic sign prime example of apathy (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: I ve had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy
IN his letter "Pathetic sign 'prime' example of apathy" (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: "I've had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy reply."
Mr Flexmore e-mailed the town council on seven occasions during May and June 2006 to which he received a reply. In addition he spoke on the telephone to our town clerk.
His latest e-mail on January 19, 2007 addressed to Cllr Whittaker and agreeing with his comments made at a full council meeting and reported in The Crow contained a rhetorical question.
Our office procedure is strictly adhered to by our excellent town clerk and assistant town clerk = - every item of paper mail is logged and if there is a time gap before it can be answered a courtesy reply is sent.
All electronic mail requiring a reply receives an answer and no such e-mails are deleted.
Cllr JEAN COOK, Buntingford deputy mayor
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge