Our policy is to reply to all
IN his letter Pathetic sign prime example of apathy (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: I ve had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy
IN his letter "Pathetic sign 'prime' example of apathy" (The Crow, February 1), Mike Flexmore, made the following statement: "I've had no response at all from the Buntingford Town Council or East Herts District Council on this matter. Not even a courtesy reply."
Mr Flexmore e-mailed the town council on seven occasions during May and June 2006 to which he received a reply. In addition he spoke on the telephone to our town clerk.
His latest e-mail on January 19, 2007 addressed to Cllr Whittaker and agreeing with his comments made at a full council meeting and reported in The Crow contained a rhetorical question.
Our office procedure is strictly adhered to by our excellent town clerk and assistant town clerk = - every item of paper mail is logged and if there is a time gap before it can be answered a courtesy reply is sent.
You may also want to watch:
All electronic mail requiring a reply receives an answer and no such e-mails are deleted.
Cllr JEAN COOK, Buntingford deputy mayor
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images