Organisations need to know of Remembrance parade plans
AS the official custodians of Remembrance commemorations for Royston, I write to a representative of your organisation the Royston branch Royal British Legion s pre-parade meeting, that will take place on Tuesday, October 24 at 7.30pm in the Legion Hall,
AS the official custodians of Remembrance commemorations for Royston, I write to a representative of your organisation the Royston branch Royal British Legion's pre-parade meeting, that will take place on Tuesday, October 24 at 7.30pm in the Legion Hall, Mill Road.
This meeting is held to give details of the parade and protocol of the day to all organisations wishing to take part in the Remembrance Sunday parade.
It is most important that a representative of your organisation attends this meeting so as the order of the day is understood and relayed to all members attending on the day.
I must stress at this point that there will be no time on the morning of the parade for instructions to be given to anyone who did not attend the pre-parade meeting.
You may also want to watch:
At the pre-parade meeting you will be able to collect and pay for your organisation's wreath.
I would urge that you pay for your organisation's wreath. The reason for this is that in past years the Royal British Legion has incurred costs in chasing payment for wreaths. These are costs the Royal British Legion can ill-afford.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Over the past seven to eight years, the Royston branch Royal British Legion's Remembrance Sunday parade has grown from strength-to-strength and is now one of the largest parades in Herts.
We thank you for your support over the years and hope that you will be able to attend again this year.
Branch secretary & parade director
Royal British Legion