Organisations need to know of Remembrance parade plans
AS the official custodians of Remembrance commemorations for Royston, I write to a representative of your organisation the Royston branch Royal British Legion s pre-parade meeting, that will take place on Tuesday, October 24 at 7.30pm in the Legion Hall,
AS the official custodians of Remembrance commemorations for Royston, I write to a representative of your organisation the Royston branch Royal British Legion's pre-parade meeting, that will take place on Tuesday, October 24 at 7.30pm in the Legion Hall, Mill Road.
This meeting is held to give details of the parade and protocol of the day to all organisations wishing to take part in the Remembrance Sunday parade.
It is most important that a representative of your organisation attends this meeting so as the order of the day is understood and relayed to all members attending on the day.
I must stress at this point that there will be no time on the morning of the parade for instructions to be given to anyone who did not attend the pre-parade meeting.
You may also want to watch:
At the pre-parade meeting you will be able to collect and pay for your organisation's wreath.
I would urge that you pay for your organisation's wreath. The reason for this is that in past years the Royal British Legion has incurred costs in chasing payment for wreaths. These are costs the Royal British Legion can ill-afford.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 7 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
Over the past seven to eight years, the Royston branch Royal British Legion's Remembrance Sunday parade has grown from strength-to-strength and is now one of the largest parades in Herts.
We thank you for your support over the years and hope that you will be able to attend again this year.
Branch secretary & parade director
Royal British Legion