Once more we’re being penalised
I REFER to the front page in last week s Crow regarding the proposed increase in car park charges. Yet again Royston is being unduly penalised by excessive over-charging to cover shortfalls in other areas. We are regularly overlooked for amenities, bein
I REFER to the front page in last week's Crow regarding the proposed increase in car park charges.
Yet again Royston is being unduly penalised by excessive over-charging to cover shortfalls in other areas.
We are regularly overlooked for amenities, being tucked away in the corner of the county, yet never forgotten when raising revenue.
May I take this opportunity to apologise to all the good hard-working shopkeepers in the town.
You may also want to watch:
If the proposed charges are introduced, I for one, on principle, will no longer be using the car parks and shopping in the town centre.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up