Now all we need is free parking
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston s twice-a-week market. I am sure all residents wish them well. However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put i
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston's twice-a-week market.
I am sure all residents wish them well.
However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put in place when there is one last administrative need.
If the market and the High Street are to enjoy a level playing field with the large £1 million-a-week retail outlet on the edge of town they should provide free car parking.
I do appreciate that this comes under North Herts District Council. As long as the out-of-town supermarket offers free parking those who drive and those who prefer to drive will choose to go there rather than the town centre where they are charged for parking.
That's market forces.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
Old North Road