Now all we need is free parking
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston s twice-a-week market. I am sure all residents wish them well. However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put i
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston's twice-a-week market.
I am sure all residents wish them well.
However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put in place when there is one last administrative need.
If the market and the High Street are to enjoy a level playing field with the large £1 million-a-week retail outlet on the edge of town they should provide free car parking.
You may also want to watch:
I do appreciate that this comes under North Herts District Council. As long as the out-of-town supermarket offers free parking those who drive and those who prefer to drive will choose to go there rather than the town centre where they are charged for parking.
That's market forces.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
Old North Road