Now all we need is free parking
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston s twice-a-week market. I am sure all residents wish them well. However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put i
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston's twice-a-week market.
I am sure all residents wish them well.
However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put in place when there is one last administrative need.
If the market and the High Street are to enjoy a level playing field with the large £1 million-a-week retail outlet on the edge of town they should provide free car parking.
You may also want to watch:
I do appreciate that this comes under North Herts District Council. As long as the out-of-town supermarket offers free parking those who drive and those who prefer to drive will choose to go there rather than the town centre where they are charged for parking.
That's market forces.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
Old North Road