Now all we need is free parking
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston s twice-a-week market. I am sure all residents wish them well. However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put i
IN your recent story, Market forces set for action (The Crow, August 21) you displayed a beaming team ready to manage Royston's twice-a-week market.
I am sure all residents wish them well.
However, you said that the last piece of the jigsaw had been put in place when there is one last administrative need.
If the market and the High Street are to enjoy a level playing field with the large £1 million-a-week retail outlet on the edge of town they should provide free car parking.
You may also want to watch:
I do appreciate that this comes under North Herts District Council. As long as the out-of-town supermarket offers free parking those who drive and those who prefer to drive will choose to go there rather than the town centre where they are charged for parking.
That's market forces.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
Old North Road