No expenses for town councillors
I am writing as Leader of Royston Town Council in response to Mr Zambonini s letter regarding expenses. I cannot speak for district or county councillors, but I would like to assure him and all residents of Royston that no Royston town councillor receive
I am writing as Leader of Royston Town Council in response to Mr Zambonini's letter regarding expenses.
I cannot speak for district or county councillors, but I would like to assure him and all residents of Royston that no Royston town councillor receives any expenses at all.
Indeed, most councillors receive their agendas by email and print them off at no expense to the town council.
All councillors who are elected to the town council are fully aware that the position is one of a voluntary nature.
You may also want to watch:
We give our time freely to attend meetings, training sessions, and consultations, and are dedicated to making Royston the town we all want it to be.
Cllr Lynn Berry, Leader, Royston Town Council
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Vote will decide parental leave payment to key county councillors
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange