No determination to spend a penny on bus station loos
THERE were three letters published in The Crow last week protesting about the proposed closure of toilet facilities at Royston bus station. All three made excellent points, and one made by David Allard is particularly relevant. What is happening to all th
THERE were three letters published in The Crow last week protesting about the proposed closure of toilet facilities at Royston bus station.
All three made excellent points, and one made by David Allard is particularly relevant. What is happening to all the Council Tax paid by the increasing number of people in this town?
It has certainly not been spent on the public conveniences.
Of course, these loos are not up to standard - the maintenance of these public conveniences has been totally neglected by the Conservative-led council for the past seven years.
You may also want to watch:
Now there is at last some money being made available, but apparently not sufficient to do the job properly.
Where there's a will there's a way, and I would maintain that at the present time there is absolutely no will at North Herts District Council Cabinet level to retain a facility at the bus station and save this significant quality of life issue for Royston.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
Cllr LIZ BEARDWELL
Royston Palace ward