No determination to spend a penny on bus station loos
THERE were three letters published in The Crow last week protesting about the proposed closure of toilet facilities at Royston bus station. All three made excellent points, and one made by David Allard is particularly relevant. What is happening to all th
THERE were three letters published in The Crow last week protesting about the proposed closure of toilet facilities at Royston bus station.
All three made excellent points, and one made by David Allard is particularly relevant. What is happening to all the Council Tax paid by the increasing number of people in this town?
It has certainly not been spent on the public conveniences.
Of course, these loos are not up to standard - the maintenance of these public conveniences has been totally neglected by the Conservative-led council for the past seven years.
You may also want to watch:
Now there is at last some money being made available, but apparently not sufficient to do the job properly.
Where there's a will there's a way, and I would maintain that at the present time there is absolutely no will at North Herts District Council Cabinet level to retain a facility at the bus station and save this significant quality of life issue for Royston.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
Cllr LIZ BEARDWELL
Royston Palace ward