No determination to spend a penny on bus station loos
THERE were three letters published in The Crow last week protesting about the proposed closure of toilet facilities at Royston bus station. All three made excellent points, and one made by David Allard is particularly relevant. What is happening to all th
THERE were three letters published in The Crow last week protesting about the proposed closure of toilet facilities at Royston bus station.
All three made excellent points, and one made by David Allard is particularly relevant. What is happening to all the Council Tax paid by the increasing number of people in this town?
It has certainly not been spent on the public conveniences.
Of course, these loos are not up to standard - the maintenance of these public conveniences has been totally neglected by the Conservative-led council for the past seven years.
You may also want to watch:
Now there is at last some money being made available, but apparently not sufficient to do the job properly.
Where there's a will there's a way, and I would maintain that at the present time there is absolutely no will at North Herts District Council Cabinet level to retain a facility at the bus station and save this significant quality of life issue for Royston.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 7 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
Cllr LIZ BEARDWELL
Royston Palace ward