No advantages to EU
In reply to Carlo Zambonini (Postbag, July 9), the advantages of being in the corrupt EU are nil. The disadvantages are multiple. We have lost the right to police our borders, fish in our surrounding waters, and are engulfed in legislation that only our l
In reply to Carlo Zambonini (Postbag, July 9), the advantages of being in the corrupt EU are nil. The disadvantages are multiple.
We have lost the right to police our borders, fish in our surrounding waters, and are engulfed in legislation that only our lawmakers try to enforce. Other EU countries ignore EU laws if they feel like it.
Most of the EU partners are also members of NATO. They happily sit back and watch our young troops die whilst they make token responses. Our troops are badly equipped which has contributed to the loss of life, with more money being poured into the EU than our defence budget. We should stop all payments into the EU.
Think what a difference those payments, the savings made by not having to pay our Euro MPs and their expenses, plus all the wasteful conferences, would make to our ailing economy.
You may also want to watch:
We have been promised a referendum but will not get it because the probable result is known. Even if we had one, another would be enforced, and then another, if the result was not he one wanted. Witness Ireland
I could go on.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
We should get out.