No advantages to EU
In reply to Carlo Zambonini (Postbag, July 9), the advantages of being in the corrupt EU are nil. The disadvantages are multiple. We have lost the right to police our borders, fish in our surrounding waters, and are engulfed in legislation that only our l
In reply to Carlo Zambonini (Postbag, July 9), the advantages of being in the corrupt EU are nil. The disadvantages are multiple.
We have lost the right to police our borders, fish in our surrounding waters, and are engulfed in legislation that only our lawmakers try to enforce. Other EU countries ignore EU laws if they feel like it.
Most of the EU partners are also members of NATO. They happily sit back and watch our young troops die whilst they make token responses. Our troops are badly equipped which has contributed to the loss of life, with more money being poured into the EU than our defence budget. We should stop all payments into the EU.
Think what a difference those payments, the savings made by not having to pay our Euro MPs and their expenses, plus all the wasteful conferences, would make to our ailing economy.
You may also want to watch:
We have been promised a referendum but will not get it because the probable result is known. Even if we had one, another would be enforced, and then another, if the result was not he one wanted. Witness Ireland
I could go on.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 6 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
We should get out.