No advantages to EU
In reply to Carlo Zambonini (Postbag, July 9), the advantages of being in the corrupt EU are nil. The disadvantages are multiple. We have lost the right to police our borders, fish in our surrounding waters, and are engulfed in legislation that only our l
In reply to Carlo Zambonini (Postbag, July 9), the advantages of being in the corrupt EU are nil. The disadvantages are multiple.
We have lost the right to police our borders, fish in our surrounding waters, and are engulfed in legislation that only our lawmakers try to enforce. Other EU countries ignore EU laws if they feel like it.
Most of the EU partners are also members of NATO. They happily sit back and watch our young troops die whilst they make token responses. Our troops are badly equipped which has contributed to the loss of life, with more money being poured into the EU than our defence budget. We should stop all payments into the EU.
Think what a difference those payments, the savings made by not having to pay our Euro MPs and their expenses, plus all the wasteful conferences, would make to our ailing economy.
You may also want to watch:
We have been promised a referendum but will not get it because the probable result is known. Even if we had one, another would be enforced, and then another, if the result was not he one wanted. Witness Ireland
I could go on.
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service
We should get out.