New potato salad
Ingredients 800g (11/2 lbs) waxy new potatoes 6 sticks celery 100g (4oz) cooked ham 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1/2 a lemon 250ml whipping cream salt and pepper green salad leaves for garnish Method A SIMPLE salad which makes a light first course o
800g (11/2 lbs) waxy new potatoes
6 sticks celery
100g (4oz) cooked ham
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 6 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
250ml whipping cream
salt and pepper
green salad leaves for garnish
A SIMPLE salad which makes a light first course or lunch dish, this is quick to make and a nice way to take advantage of the new potatoes.
Serve with granary bread or slices of baguette.
Scrub the potatoes and boil them in their skins until just cooked through. Wash the celery and remove any stringy parts. Cut into small strips and keep in a bowl of cold water while the potatoes are cooking. Drain and peel the potatoes while still warm and cut into small chunks.
Mix them with the drained celery and season with salt and pepper and the wine vinegar. Whip the cream, mixing gradually with the lemon juice, until thick but not stiff.
Fold the cream into the salad. Cut the ham into small strips and mix in gently.
Serve garnished with shredded green salad leaves.