New potato salad
Ingredients 800g (11/2 lbs) waxy new potatoes 6 sticks celery 100g (4oz) cooked ham 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1/2 a lemon 250ml whipping cream salt and pepper green salad leaves for garnish Method A SIMPLE salad which makes a light first course o
800g (11/2 lbs) waxy new potatoes
6 sticks celery
100g (4oz) cooked ham
You may also want to watch:
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
250ml whipping cream
salt and pepper
green salad leaves for garnish
A SIMPLE salad which makes a light first course or lunch dish, this is quick to make and a nice way to take advantage of the new potatoes.
Serve with granary bread or slices of baguette.
Scrub the potatoes and boil them in their skins until just cooked through. Wash the celery and remove any stringy parts. Cut into small strips and keep in a bowl of cold water while the potatoes are cooking. Drain and peel the potatoes while still warm and cut into small chunks.
Mix them with the drained celery and season with salt and pepper and the wine vinegar. Whip the cream, mixing gradually with the lemon juice, until thick but not stiff.
Fold the cream into the salad. Cut the ham into small strips and mix in gently.
Serve garnished with shredded green salad leaves.