New potato salad
Ingredients 800g (11/2 lbs) waxy new potatoes 6 sticks celery 100g (4oz) cooked ham 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1/2 a lemon 250ml whipping cream salt and pepper green salad leaves for garnish Method A SIMPLE salad which makes a light first course o
800g (11/2 lbs) waxy new potatoes
6 sticks celery
100g (4oz) cooked ham
You may also want to watch:
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
250ml whipping cream
salt and pepper
green salad leaves for garnish
A SIMPLE salad which makes a light first course or lunch dish, this is quick to make and a nice way to take advantage of the new potatoes.
Serve with granary bread or slices of baguette.
Scrub the potatoes and boil them in their skins until just cooked through. Wash the celery and remove any stringy parts. Cut into small strips and keep in a bowl of cold water while the potatoes are cooking. Drain and peel the potatoes while still warm and cut into small chunks.
Mix them with the drained celery and season with salt and pepper and the wine vinegar. Whip the cream, mixing gradually with the lemon juice, until thick but not stiff.
Fold the cream into the salad. Cut the ham into small strips and mix in gently.
Serve garnished with shredded green salad leaves.