Need to call the noise hotline
LAST week I mentioned the need to call the Environmental Hotline number if the noise from Johnson Matthey disturbed you in anyway. On the weekend of the February 23 the noise levels from Johnson Matthey were extremely high, both day and night. On Saturd
LAST week I mentioned the need to call the Environmental Hotline number if the noise from Johnson Matthey disturbed you in anyway.
On the weekend of the February 23 the noise levels from Johnson Matthey were extremely high, both day and night.
On Saturday evening at approximately 11.30 I reported the noise and was greeted by an option menu which implied I was calling the wrong number.
However, I held on and spoke to a team member and reported the noise pollution and also mentioned that the option menu was misleading. I have since been assured it is being looked into.
You may also want to watch:
The environmental team have all stressed it is important that people hold on and speak to a member of the team and register their complaints as the more it receives the more serious it will be taken.
If you are affected in anyway by the noise levels you owe it to your family and neighbours to report it.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Just pick up the phone and register your complaint. With the summer fast approaching the need to open windows will only heighten the problem.
The environmental hotline to call is 0800 80 70 60.
ROB STACY, Orchard Way, Royston