Need to call the noise hotline
LAST week I mentioned the need to call the Environmental Hotline number if the noise from Johnson Matthey disturbed you in anyway. On the weekend of the February 23 the noise levels from Johnson Matthey were extremely high, both day and night. On Saturd
LAST week I mentioned the need to call the Environmental Hotline number if the noise from Johnson Matthey disturbed you in anyway.
On the weekend of the February 23 the noise levels from Johnson Matthey were extremely high, both day and night.
On Saturday evening at approximately 11.30 I reported the noise and was greeted by an option menu which implied I was calling the wrong number.
However, I held on and spoke to a team member and reported the noise pollution and also mentioned that the option menu was misleading. I have since been assured it is being looked into.
The environmental team have all stressed it is important that people hold on and speak to a member of the team and register their complaints as the more it receives the more serious it will be taken.
If you are affected in anyway by the noise levels you owe it to your family and neighbours to report it.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 8 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
Just pick up the phone and register your complaint. With the summer fast approaching the need to open windows will only heighten the problem.
The environmental hotline to call is 0800 80 70 60.
ROB STACY, Orchard Way, Royston