We are constantly being told that we must go out and vote. Why is it that after voting at the county council elections, I am finding it impossible to find out the full result of the poll in Royston? There is a brief summary in the Crow giving the votes c
We are constantly being told that we must go out and vote. Why is it that after voting at the county council elections, I am finding it impossible to find out the full result of the poll in Royston?
There is a brief summary in the Crow giving the votes cast for the Conservative candidate, and the majority over the Liberal Democrat. There is no mention of the turnout, or the other two candidates.
At one time you could see the results the following day on the town hall notice board, but there is no sign of this eight days after the election.
Some of the candidates did bother to thank the people who voted, but I suggest that some thought is given to informing people about the actual result.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
Note: Full details of the poll are available on The Crow website www.roystoncrow24.co.uk and on the Hertfordshire County Council site www.hertsdirect.org.