We are constantly being told that we must go out and vote. Why is it that after voting at the county council elections, I am finding it impossible to find out the full result of the poll in Royston? There is a brief summary in the Crow giving the votes c
We are constantly being told that we must go out and vote. Why is it that after voting at the county council elections, I am finding it impossible to find out the full result of the poll in Royston?
There is a brief summary in the Crow giving the votes cast for the Conservative candidate, and the majority over the Liberal Democrat. There is no mention of the turnout, or the other two candidates.
At one time you could see the results the following day on the town hall notice board, but there is no sign of this eight days after the election.
Some of the candidates did bother to thank the people who voted, but I suggest that some thought is given to informing people about the actual result.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Note: Full details of the poll are available on The Crow website www.roystoncrow24.co.uk and on the Hertfordshire County Council site www.hertsdirect.org.