Mr and Mrs Hart on BBC television
In response to your latest photograph in the Do you recognise this event? (Nostalgia, Crow May 21), I recognise Mr and Mrs Hart, of Hart s Hardware which used to be in the High Street, and their twins - John, to the left of Mrs Hart, and Jennifer, to t
In response to your latest photograph in the "Do you recognise this event?" (Nostalgia, Crow May 21), I recognise Mr and Mrs Hart, of Hart's Hardware which used to be in the High Street, and their twins - John, to the left of Mrs Hart, and Jennifer, to the right of Mr Hart. I do not recognise anyone else.
However, as well as having her pet Dachshund dog on her lap, Mrs Hart seems to be holding a microphone, and I'm wondering if this was a family celebration to mark the fact she won the opportunity to appear on a (black & white) TV programme - the name of which, unfortunately, I cannot remember. What I also do remember is that she bought a special white dress for the appearance, and was then told it might not be suitable because sometimes it white came across as transparent when filmed, and to appear as though in white one had to wear yellow! In the event it turned out to be OK.
So, apart from believing it must have been in the mid 1950's because that is when I knew Jennifer and John, and by the look of the ladies hairstyles (!), I cannot say any more. Of course, I may be totally wrong - I'm only basing my supposition on the strange object in Mrs Hart's hand, which looks rather like an old fashioned microphone.
You may also want to watch:
Judith C Brown
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'