Mica not about to close down’
IT has been brought to my attention that following the excellent article in The Crow about two of my valued staff who recently retired, rumours have been circulating. Through The Crow, I would like to reassure all our customers that the business has not c
IT has been brought to my attention that following the excellent article in The Crow about two of my valued staff who recently retired, rumours have been circulating.
Through The Crow, I would like to reassure all our customers that the business has not changed hands.
We are not about to close down and we are still firmly committed to, and actively involved, with Mica UK, and with it we will continue to supply a range of do-it-yourself and hardware products.
We are proud to be founder members of, and shareholders, in Mica UK.
My staff, some of whom have also been working for us as long or longer than Stephen and Janet, have asked me to reassure everyone that none of them are considering retirement in the near future and that they all remain committed to giving excellent customer service, and enjoy working in and serving the customers coming to Royston town centre.
As independent retailers, my husband and I have been trading in Royston for 25 years this year, and with our son, intend to continue to do so.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 3 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 4 Royston museum under new management
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 £800,000 artificial football pitch opens at Melbourn Village College
- 9 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 10 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
CARYL MUTIMER, Partner, Merlin Mica Hardware, Market Hill, Royston
* THROUGH The Crow, we would like to thank all the customers (many of whom have become friends) who wished us well for our retirement from Merlin Mica Hardware last week. We had many kind words of encouragement and look forward to the new stage in our lives.
JANET and STEPHEN GREEVES