Memories of slice of life gone by
Years ago I used to deliver bread around the villages near Royston, including Barkway, Barley, Therfield, and Great Chishill – operating from a depot at Braughing run by Martin Banks ( Banks of Braughing ). I wonder if a kind reader in any of those villag
Years ago I used to deliver bread around the villages near Royston, including Barkway, Barley, Therfield, and Great Chishill - operating from a depot at Braughing run by Martin Banks ('Banks of Braughing').
I wonder if a kind reader in any of those villages who had bread delivered from that source can remember when the service ceased?
Did it continue after the depot, a franchise outlet, closed down?
I would be interested to know.
You may also want to watch:
I did write to a council-run OAP home that I used to serve in Barkway, but regrettably no answer was forthcoming.
Still, it was an unusual request!
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 4 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
MR A WHEELER