Memories of slice of life gone by
Years ago I used to deliver bread around the villages near Royston, including Barkway, Barley, Therfield, and Great Chishill – operating from a depot at Braughing run by Martin Banks ( Banks of Braughing ). I wonder if a kind reader in any of those villag
Years ago I used to deliver bread around the villages near Royston, including Barkway, Barley, Therfield, and Great Chishill - operating from a depot at Braughing run by Martin Banks ('Banks of Braughing').
I wonder if a kind reader in any of those villages who had bread delivered from that source can remember when the service ceased?
Did it continue after the depot, a franchise outlet, closed down?
I would be interested to know.
You may also want to watch:
I did write to a council-run OAP home that I used to serve in Barkway, but regrettably no answer was forthcoming.
Still, it was an unusual request!
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
MR A WHEELER