Mayor to serve all residents
Regarding my independence as mayor, I would not normally comment on letters of a political context during my year as Mayor, but feel that clarification of why I decided to renounce political affiliation during my mayoral year would be useful. The town
Regarding my independence as mayor, I would not normally comment on letters of a "political" context during my year as Mayor, but feel that clarification of why I decided to renounce political affiliation during my mayoral year would be useful.
The town mayor is representative of all Royston's residents irrespective of their ethnicity, religious beliefs, sex or political affiliation. As such, and after considering the matter carefully, I felt it appropriate that the person holding the office should clearly show they serve all residents by being independent of the party political process.
In becoming independent I was making no comment on any political party and regret it has been used by various people to make political points. I trust the matter will no attract no further comment and I am able to fulfil my responsibilities of Mayor and be a good representative of everybody in the town.
My wife and I are looking forward to serving Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Town Mayor
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease