Mayor to serve all residents
Regarding my independence as mayor, I would not normally comment on letters of a political context during my year as Mayor, but feel that clarification of why I decided to renounce political affiliation during my mayoral year would be useful. The town
Regarding my independence as mayor, I would not normally comment on letters of a "political" context during my year as Mayor, but feel that clarification of why I decided to renounce political affiliation during my mayoral year would be useful.
The town mayor is representative of all Royston's residents irrespective of their ethnicity, religious beliefs, sex or political affiliation. As such, and after considering the matter carefully, I felt it appropriate that the person holding the office should clearly show they serve all residents by being independent of the party political process.
In becoming independent I was making no comment on any political party and regret it has been used by various people to make political points. I trust the matter will no attract no further comment and I am able to fulfil my responsibilities of Mayor and be a good representative of everybody in the town.
My wife and I are looking forward to serving Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Town Mayor
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs