Mayor to serve all residents
Regarding my independence as mayor, I would not normally comment on letters of a political context during my year as Mayor, but feel that clarification of why I decided to renounce political affiliation during my mayoral year would be useful. The town
Regarding my independence as mayor, I would not normally comment on letters of a "political" context during my year as Mayor, but feel that clarification of why I decided to renounce political affiliation during my mayoral year would be useful.
The town mayor is representative of all Royston's residents irrespective of their ethnicity, religious beliefs, sex or political affiliation. As such, and after considering the matter carefully, I felt it appropriate that the person holding the office should clearly show they serve all residents by being independent of the party political process.
In becoming independent I was making no comment on any political party and regret it has been used by various people to make political points. I trust the matter will no attract no further comment and I am able to fulfil my responsibilities of Mayor and be a good representative of everybody in the town.
My wife and I are looking forward to serving Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Town Mayor
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob