Mayor’s golf day a real success for charities
I WOULD like to thank all those who took part, sponsored holes and donated prizes for the charity golf day on Friday. The weather was not as kind to players as it could have been, but this did not stop 19 teams teeing off and having a good day s golf. It
I WOULD like to thank all those who took part, sponsored holes and donated prizes for the charity golf day on Friday.
The weather was not as kind to players as it could have been, but this did not stop 19 teams teeing off and having a good day's golf.
It was heart-warming to see a lot of young players attend, and whether it was youth on their side I'm not sure but the winning team was made up of three 18-19-year old and one a little older.
I was pleased to have a visit from MP Oliver Heald, who assisted me with the drawing of the many raffle prizes donated by shops, businesses and individuals from Royston.
You may also want to watch:
As yet I do not know the full amount raised, but the raffle alone raised £800 for my mayoral charities, the Barn Day Centre in Royston and Meldreth Manor School.
Once again, I would like to thank all the organisers, Barkway Golf Club and all those who take part and made it such a successful day.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
Cllr LYNN BERRY
Royston Town Council