Mackerel with spring onions and ginger
Ingredients: 2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person) 6 spring onions a 1in cube fresh ginger 1 large garlic clove 1/2 tbsp olive oil salt and black pepper Method RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the o
2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person)
6 spring onions
a 1in cube fresh ginger
You may also want to watch:
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
salt and black pepper
RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 180 deg C, 375 deg F.
Chop the spring onions finely, including most of the green parts. Peel the ginger and slice into thin pieces. Peel the garlic clove and cut into thin slices.
Pour a little oil into an ovenproof dish and put in the mackerel.
Fill the inside of each fish with a mixture of onion, ginger and garlic.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour over the rest of the oil.
Cover with foil and bake in the hot oven for about half-an-hour, or until the fish is cooked through.
This is nice served with grilled tomatoes.