Mackerel with spring onions and ginger
Ingredients: 2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person) 6 spring onions a 1in cube fresh ginger 1 large garlic clove 1/2 tbsp olive oil salt and black pepper Method RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the o
2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person)
6 spring onions
a 1in cube fresh ginger
You may also want to watch:
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
salt and black pepper
RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 180 deg C, 375 deg F.
Chop the spring onions finely, including most of the green parts. Peel the ginger and slice into thin pieces. Peel the garlic clove and cut into thin slices.
Pour a little oil into an ovenproof dish and put in the mackerel.
Fill the inside of each fish with a mixture of onion, ginger and garlic.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour over the rest of the oil.
Cover with foil and bake in the hot oven for about half-an-hour, or until the fish is cooked through.
This is nice served with grilled tomatoes.