Mackerel with spring onions and ginger
Ingredients: 2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person) 6 spring onions a 1in cube fresh ginger 1 large garlic clove 1/2 tbsp olive oil salt and black pepper Method RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the o
2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person)
6 spring onions
a 1in cube fresh ginger
You may also want to watch:
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
salt and black pepper
RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 180 deg C, 375 deg F.
Chop the spring onions finely, including most of the green parts. Peel the ginger and slice into thin pieces. Peel the garlic clove and cut into thin slices.
Pour a little oil into an ovenproof dish and put in the mackerel.
Fill the inside of each fish with a mixture of onion, ginger and garlic.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour over the rest of the oil.
Cover with foil and bake in the hot oven for about half-an-hour, or until the fish is cooked through.
This is nice served with grilled tomatoes.