Mackerel with spring onions and ginger
Ingredients: 2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person) 6 spring onions a 1in cube fresh ginger 1 large garlic clove 1/2 tbsp olive oil salt and black pepper Method RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the o
2 mackerel, head and insides removed (one per person)
6 spring onions
a 1in cube fresh ginger
You may also want to watch:
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
salt and black pepper
RINSE the mackerel in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 180 deg C, 375 deg F.
Chop the spring onions finely, including most of the green parts. Peel the ginger and slice into thin pieces. Peel the garlic clove and cut into thin slices.
Pour a little oil into an ovenproof dish and put in the mackerel.
Fill the inside of each fish with a mixture of onion, ginger and garlic.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour over the rest of the oil.
Cover with foil and bake in the hot oven for about half-an-hour, or until the fish is cooked through.
This is nice served with grilled tomatoes.