Let’s have Sunday opening to help the town centre
I MOVED to Royston about 18 months ago with my wife who grew up here. All I have heard is people complaining about the decline of the town centre/market (on a Saturday) and the parking charges. Even though in some of these case I do agree with some of t
I MOVED to Royston about 18 months ago with my wife who grew up here.
All I have heard is people complaining about the decline of the town centre/market (on a Saturday) and the parking charges.
Even though in some of these case I do agree with some of the comments, I cannot help but notice that there never seems to be anyone who comes up with any ideas towards a solution.
I was thinking for starters the monthly farmers market should be made into an event on the first Sunday of every month. Why not try to put on other events in Royston the same day.
You may also want to watch:
Also the town manager should talk to the local shopkeepers and get them to open on one Sunday a month to link in with the farmers market.
I visit the farmers market, but am always frustrated that the shops in the town centre are mainly closed, so after visiting the market the day is over.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 7 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition
If on farmers market Sunday all the shops opened and there were other events, there would also be free parking for people to use.
I know this is only a starting point for once a month, but it could become a weekly Sunday event and get families into the town centre.