Leg of lamb with tomato and onion sauce
Ingredients Small leg of lamb, about 1kg (2 lbs) in weight 3 medium onions 25g (1oz) each lard and butter 6 medium tomatoes, ripe 1 tsp sugar 2 glasses white wine salt and pepper Method Peel the onions and chop roughly. Melt the lard and the butter in a
Small leg of lamb, about 1kg (2 lbs) in weight
3 medium onions
25g (1oz) each lard and butter
You may also want to watch:
6 medium tomatoes, ripe
1 tsp sugar
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
2 glasses white wine
salt and pepper
Peel the onions and chop roughly. Melt the lard and the butter in a large flame-proof casserole and put in the lamb and onions. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 30 minutes, turning the joint over from time to time. Then add the tomatoes, chopped, salt and pepper to taste and the white wine. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently for a further 30 minutes or until the lamb is cooked to your taste.
Remove the lamb to a hot carving plate.
Pour the tomato and onion sauce into a blender and blend until smooth. Reheat, adding more salt if you like, and serve with the carved meat.