Leg of lamb with thyme and mint
Ingredients 1 leg of lamb, around 1.5 kg 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped 50g (2oz) pancetta (or thinly-sliced unsmoked streaky bacon) salt and pepper 1 tbsp unsalted butter 2 tbsp olive oil 8 fl oz (200ml) dry white wine M
1 leg of lamb, around 1.5 kg
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
You may also want to watch:
50g (2oz) pancetta (or thinly-sliced unsmoked streaky bacon)
salt and pepper
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
8 fl oz (200ml) dry white wine
PRE-heat the oven to 180 deg C, 350 deg F, Gas Mark 4.
Chop the pancetta and herbs into small pieces.
Season with salt and pepper.
Make deep slits in the meat and push in the mixture; tie up with string if necessary.
In a roasting pan heat the butter and oil.
Add the lamb and transfer to the oven.
Roast until the outside is crisp and golden, about one-and-a-half-hours.
When cooked sufficiently, remove the lamb from the pan and keep warm.
Deglaze juices with the white wine and reduce slightly.
Carve the meat and arrange on hot plates; spoon over the sauce and serve immediately.