Leg of lamb with thyme and mint
Ingredients 1 leg of lamb, around 1.5 kg 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped 50g (2oz) pancetta (or thinly-sliced unsmoked streaky bacon) salt and pepper 1 tbsp unsalted butter 2 tbsp olive oil 8 fl oz (200ml) dry white wine M
1 leg of lamb, around 1.5 kg
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
You may also want to watch:
50g (2oz) pancetta (or thinly-sliced unsmoked streaky bacon)
salt and pepper
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
8 fl oz (200ml) dry white wine
PRE-heat the oven to 180 deg C, 350 deg F, Gas Mark 4.
Chop the pancetta and herbs into small pieces.
Season with salt and pepper.
Make deep slits in the meat and push in the mixture; tie up with string if necessary.
In a roasting pan heat the butter and oil.
Add the lamb and transfer to the oven.
Roast until the outside is crisp and golden, about one-and-a-half-hours.
When cooked sufficiently, remove the lamb from the pan and keep warm.
Deglaze juices with the white wine and reduce slightly.
Carve the meat and arrange on hot plates; spoon over the sauce and serve immediately.