Keep the heating down
I AGREE with Cllr Paul Grimes that the new toilets in Fish Hill, Royston, are a great improvement on the previous ones there. The nice touch of them being heated is, however, something I would question, given that those using the toilets are in outdoor
I AGREE with Cllr Paul Grimes that the new toilets in Fish Hill, Royston, are a great improvement on the previous ones there.
The "nice touch" of them being heated is, however, something I would question, given that those using the toilets are in outdoor clothes and do not need central heating.
Obviosuly, a minimum degree of heating is necessary in very cold weather to prevent any freezing of pipes.
Surely of paramount importance is to keep running costs as low as possible, with Council Tax rates in mind.
You may also want to watch:
Incidentally I and many like me can never understand why department stores and shopping malls are often excessively heated, with staff in light clothing, winter or summer, when running costs and energy could both be reduced if temperatures were lowered.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner