Keep EU at arms length
I would like to take issue with Matt Gooding’s defence of the EU in your May 27 issue.
It is only because Britain has taken a euro-sceptic approach that we are not involved in the current Eurozone crisis.
Mr. Cameron is quite right to resist the delegation of any further powers to Europe.
We have given away far too much of our sovereignty already.
To say that we need to be ‘in bed’ with other countries in order to do business with them is facile. Switzerland is not a member of the EU but is a properous nation with a high proportion of its exports going to countries which are.
The EU is too big, too inefficient and too wasteful. We should be at arms length.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 6 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman