Keep EU at arms length
I would like to take issue with Matt Gooding’s defence of the EU in your May 27 issue.
It is only because Britain has taken a euro-sceptic approach that we are not involved in the current Eurozone crisis.
Mr. Cameron is quite right to resist the delegation of any further powers to Europe.
We have given away far too much of our sovereignty already.
To say that we need to be ‘in bed’ with other countries in order to do business with them is facile. Switzerland is not a member of the EU but is a properous nation with a high proportion of its exports going to countries which are.
You may also want to watch:
The EU is too big, too inefficient and too wasteful. We should be at arms length.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic