Keep EU at arms length
I would like to take issue with Matt Gooding’s defence of the EU in your May 27 issue.
It is only because Britain has taken a euro-sceptic approach that we are not involved in the current Eurozone crisis.
Mr. Cameron is quite right to resist the delegation of any further powers to Europe.
We have given away far too much of our sovereignty already.
To say that we need to be ‘in bed’ with other countries in order to do business with them is facile. Switzerland is not a member of the EU but is a properous nation with a high proportion of its exports going to countries which are.
You may also want to watch:
The EU is too big, too inefficient and too wasteful. We should be at arms length.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre