Keep EU at arms length
I would like to take issue with Matt Gooding’s defence of the EU in your May 27 issue.
It is only because Britain has taken a euro-sceptic approach that we are not involved in the current Eurozone crisis.
Mr. Cameron is quite right to resist the delegation of any further powers to Europe.
We have given away far too much of our sovereignty already.
To say that we need to be ‘in bed’ with other countries in order to do business with them is facile. Switzerland is not a member of the EU but is a properous nation with a high proportion of its exports going to countries which are.
You may also want to watch:
The EU is too big, too inefficient and too wasteful. We should be at arms length.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?