Just what is inside our grand police station?
Having moved myself and my family to Royston just as the cinema closed, I have watched the town have its ups and downs. There is no doubt that Tesco tries to dominate the area. A good example is installing a Costa Coffee, knowing full well that a Starbuc
Having moved myself and my family to Royston just as the cinema closed, I have watched the town have its ups and downs.
There is no doubt that Tesco tries to dominate the area.
A good example is installing a Costa Coffee, knowing full well that a Starbucks is supposed to be coming to the town centre, therefore trying to try and get shoppers into the habit of using Tesco as a social meeting place prior to Starbucks possible arrival.
But the biggest puzzle to me and everyone I speak to is the ever-so-grand police station.
You may also want to watch:
This is a huge building that appears to have absolutely no use to the town.
What's in there exactly? All we ever see, in the very short opening times, is the very small un-friendly reception area.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand
As far as I know, we don't even have a 24-hour police presence, as this is provided from Hertford.
The daftest thing I see is that there is often a portable building giving out advice less than 100m away!
Could this building not be utilised for some other purpose, along with the ridiculously under-used town hall?
Perhaps this area could be demolished and re-built to provide the long overdue leisure facilities for North Herts?