Just what is inside our grand police station?
Having moved myself and my family to Royston just as the cinema closed, I have watched the town have its ups and downs. There is no doubt that Tesco tries to dominate the area. A good example is installing a Costa Coffee, knowing full well that a Starbuc
Having moved myself and my family to Royston just as the cinema closed, I have watched the town have its ups and downs.
There is no doubt that Tesco tries to dominate the area.
A good example is installing a Costa Coffee, knowing full well that a Starbucks is supposed to be coming to the town centre, therefore trying to try and get shoppers into the habit of using Tesco as a social meeting place prior to Starbucks possible arrival.
But the biggest puzzle to me and everyone I speak to is the ever-so-grand police station.
This is a huge building that appears to have absolutely no use to the town.
What's in there exactly? All we ever see, in the very short opening times, is the very small un-friendly reception area.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
As far as I know, we don't even have a 24-hour police presence, as this is provided from Hertford.
The daftest thing I see is that there is often a portable building giving out advice less than 100m away!
Could this building not be utilised for some other purpose, along with the ridiculously under-used town hall?
Perhaps this area could be demolished and re-built to provide the long overdue leisure facilities for North Herts?