Just what is inside our grand police station?
Having moved myself and my family to Royston just as the cinema closed, I have watched the town have its ups and downs. There is no doubt that Tesco tries to dominate the area. A good example is installing a Costa Coffee, knowing full well that a Starbuc
Having moved myself and my family to Royston just as the cinema closed, I have watched the town have its ups and downs.
There is no doubt that Tesco tries to dominate the area.
A good example is installing a Costa Coffee, knowing full well that a Starbucks is supposed to be coming to the town centre, therefore trying to try and get shoppers into the habit of using Tesco as a social meeting place prior to Starbucks possible arrival.
But the biggest puzzle to me and everyone I speak to is the ever-so-grand police station.
You may also want to watch:
This is a huge building that appears to have absolutely no use to the town.
What's in there exactly? All we ever see, in the very short opening times, is the very small un-friendly reception area.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
As far as I know, we don't even have a 24-hour police presence, as this is provided from Hertford.
The daftest thing I see is that there is often a portable building giving out advice less than 100m away!
Could this building not be utilised for some other purpose, along with the ridiculously under-used town hall?
Perhaps this area could be demolished and re-built to provide the long overdue leisure facilities for North Herts?