It would be an honour to have these heroes here
IN response to the report in your excellent paper, Stupid law stops parade , may I beg the (elected) officials of our town to throw caution to the wind and break this law. We have asked our young men and women to go and fight a war most people find too u
IN response to the report in your excellent paper, "Stupid law stops parade", may I beg the (elected) officials of our town to throw caution to the wind and break this law.
We have asked our young men and women to go and fight a war most people find too uncomfortable to even read about. Is it just me, or do the reports of casualities continually get assigned to the less newsworthy sections of our daily reading, often hardly meriting a mention?
There is a lot wrong with our country. However, our brave young servicemen and women are role models for us all. When I read about the courage of the soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Iraq minus one or more limbs or horribly disfigured to the extent that even I find it uncomfortable to look a their pictures. I'm humbled and somewhat ashamed that I find myself moaning about unleaded being £1.15 a litre or that the 06.58 Royston to King's Cross is late.
I emplore those in authority to stick two fingers up to the establishment and do for once what is right, not what is lawful.
You may also want to watch:
Let us all give these heroes a welcome they deserve.
It would be an honour to have these men and women march through our town.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
Green Drift, Royston