It would be an honour to have these heroes here
IN response to the report in your excellent paper, Stupid law stops parade , may I beg the (elected) officials of our town to throw caution to the wind and break this law. We have asked our young men and women to go and fight a war most people find too u
IN response to the report in your excellent paper, "Stupid law stops parade", may I beg the (elected) officials of our town to throw caution to the wind and break this law.
We have asked our young men and women to go and fight a war most people find too uncomfortable to even read about. Is it just me, or do the reports of casualities continually get assigned to the less newsworthy sections of our daily reading, often hardly meriting a mention?
There is a lot wrong with our country. However, our brave young servicemen and women are role models for us all. When I read about the courage of the soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Iraq minus one or more limbs or horribly disfigured to the extent that even I find it uncomfortable to look a their pictures. I'm humbled and somewhat ashamed that I find myself moaning about unleaded being £1.15 a litre or that the 06.58 Royston to King's Cross is late.
I emplore those in authority to stick two fingers up to the establishment and do for once what is right, not what is lawful.
You may also want to watch:
Let us all give these heroes a welcome they deserve.
It would be an honour to have these men and women march through our town.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
Green Drift, Royston