It’s time to demand our rights by holding referendum on treaty
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution. Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Consti
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution.
Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Constitution under a different name.
So where's the referendum?
To date I have not seen anything in the local press from our MP to state his opposition or support for a referendum
You may also want to watch:
The Campaign for an Independent Britain has already started to fight for the referendum we were promised by all the main parties at the last general election.
And as a cross-party, non-party organisation we will work with others to that end.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
As a first step the Conservative MP Bob Spink has agreed to chair the steering group organising a mass rally in London in the autumn.
Hyde Park has been reserved for Saturday, October 27, now it is a matter of finalising routes for the marches to the rally, arranging a good selection of speakers - and telling people about it, so that as many as possible will come along.
For information on the rally, or to offer any form of assistance, readers can visit the website at www.eurosceptic.org.uk/referendum.
Let's rally together to demand our rights.
Royston Photo Centre