It’s time to demand our rights by holding referendum on treaty
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution. Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Consti
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution.
Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Constitution under a different name.
So where's the referendum?
To date I have not seen anything in the local press from our MP to state his opposition or support for a referendum
The Campaign for an Independent Britain has already started to fight for the referendum we were promised by all the main parties at the last general election.
And as a cross-party, non-party organisation we will work with others to that end.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
As a first step the Conservative MP Bob Spink has agreed to chair the steering group organising a mass rally in London in the autumn.
Hyde Park has been reserved for Saturday, October 27, now it is a matter of finalising routes for the marches to the rally, arranging a good selection of speakers - and telling people about it, so that as many as possible will come along.
For information on the rally, or to offer any form of assistance, readers can visit the website at www.eurosceptic.org.uk/referendum.
Let's rally together to demand our rights.
Royston Photo Centre