It’s time to demand our rights by holding referendum on treaty
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution. Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Consti
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution.
Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Constitution under a different name.
So where's the referendum?
To date I have not seen anything in the local press from our MP to state his opposition or support for a referendum
You may also want to watch:
The Campaign for an Independent Britain has already started to fight for the referendum we were promised by all the main parties at the last general election.
And as a cross-party, non-party organisation we will work with others to that end.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 7 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 10 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
As a first step the Conservative MP Bob Spink has agreed to chair the steering group organising a mass rally in London in the autumn.
Hyde Park has been reserved for Saturday, October 27, now it is a matter of finalising routes for the marches to the rally, arranging a good selection of speakers - and telling people about it, so that as many as possible will come along.
For information on the rally, or to offer any form of assistance, readers can visit the website at www.eurosceptic.org.uk/referendum.
Let's rally together to demand our rights.
Royston Photo Centre