It’s time to demand our rights by holding referendum on treaty
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution. Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Consti
GORDON Brown and the Labour Party promised the British people at the last election that a referendum would be held before the introduction of the European Union Constitution.
Everyone agrees the EU Reform Treaty now being proposed is simply the EU Constitution under a different name.
So where's the referendum?
To date I have not seen anything in the local press from our MP to state his opposition or support for a referendum
You may also want to watch:
The Campaign for an Independent Britain has already started to fight for the referendum we were promised by all the main parties at the last general election.
And as a cross-party, non-party organisation we will work with others to that end.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
As a first step the Conservative MP Bob Spink has agreed to chair the steering group organising a mass rally in London in the autumn.
Hyde Park has been reserved for Saturday, October 27, now it is a matter of finalising routes for the marches to the rally, arranging a good selection of speakers - and telling people about it, so that as many as possible will come along.
For information on the rally, or to offer any form of assistance, readers can visit the website at www.eurosceptic.org.uk/referendum.
Let's rally together to demand our rights.
Royston Photo Centre