It’s just reiterating the usual myths
I WAS interested in your feature For and against alternate weekly waste and recycling collections in Postbag last week. I am sorry that the person who opposes alternate weekly collections, who, as is often the case, chooses not to reveal their name, re
I WAS interested in your feature "For and against" alternate weekly waste and recycling collections in Postbag last week.
I am sorry that the person who opposes alternate weekly collections, who, as is often the case, chooses not to reveal their name, reiterates the usual myths about a spread of rats and cost saving.
On the first point, our high capacity wheelie bins allow waste to be stored hygienically and, provided families recycle as much as they can, they will have no problem even if they use disposable nappies.
Any family which feels it has particular problems can ask for a review.
You may also want to watch:
On the issue of cost, we have made the point many times that there is no overall cost saving.
We are running fast to stand still.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand
The cost of landfill tax is rising well above inflation and we will be severely penalised if we do not reduce our waste substantially.
So far, residents have reacted generally positively to the new arrangements.
They understand that they will help protect our environment, help residents to recycle more, and control the rising costs of waste.
Cllr LYNDA NEEDHAM
Waste and Environment
North Herts District Council