It’s just a public relations exercise
YOUR five correspondents last week all made valid points about Royston town centre. Free parking would help, just as it does in towns such as Buntingford and Ely. The damage, however, has been done by allowing Tesco to become a Tesco Extra store. Person
YOUR five correspondents last week all made valid points about Royston town centre.
Free parking would help, just as it does in towns such as Buntingford and Ely.
The damage, however, has been done by allowing Tesco to become a Tesco Extra store.
Personally, I only want to buy food when I go to a supermarket. If I want electrical goods, clothes, or stationery I go to proper shops.
You may also want to watch:
The fact that Tesco is trying to work with the Royston Chamber of Commerce and has allowed a a large banner for the town centre forum to be placed outside its store, advertising the farmers' market, is just a public relations exercise.
It will make little difference to the money going into Tesco's tills.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone