It’s just a public relations exercise
YOUR five correspondents last week all made valid points about Royston town centre. Free parking would help, just as it does in towns such as Buntingford and Ely. The damage, however, has been done by allowing Tesco to become a Tesco Extra store. Person
YOUR five correspondents last week all made valid points about Royston town centre.
Free parking would help, just as it does in towns such as Buntingford and Ely.
The damage, however, has been done by allowing Tesco to become a Tesco Extra store.
Personally, I only want to buy food when I go to a supermarket. If I want electrical goods, clothes, or stationery I go to proper shops.
You may also want to watch:
The fact that Tesco is trying to work with the Royston Chamber of Commerce and has allowed a a large banner for the town centre forum to be placed outside its store, advertising the farmers' market, is just a public relations exercise.
It will make little difference to the money going into Tesco's tills.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services