It’s just a public relations exercise
YOUR five correspondents last week all made valid points about Royston town centre. Free parking would help, just as it does in towns such as Buntingford and Ely. The damage, however, has been done by allowing Tesco to become a Tesco Extra store. Person
YOUR five correspondents last week all made valid points about Royston town centre.
Free parking would help, just as it does in towns such as Buntingford and Ely.
The damage, however, has been done by allowing Tesco to become a Tesco Extra store.
Personally, I only want to buy food when I go to a supermarket. If I want electrical goods, clothes, or stationery I go to proper shops.
You may also want to watch:
The fact that Tesco is trying to work with the Royston Chamber of Commerce and has allowed a a large banner for the town centre forum to be placed outside its store, advertising the farmers' market, is just a public relations exercise.
It will make little difference to the money going into Tesco's tills.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing