It's a different world now
I totally disagree with Matthew Gooding s opinions in last weeks personal viewpoint (Matt s Crow Country, Crow October 1). I guess this is written to wind us up and get a big response for your column or maybe you were playing Devils Advocate. Regardi
I totally disagree with Matthew Gooding's opinions in last weeks 'personal viewpoint' (Matt's Crow Country, Crow October 1). I guess this is written to "wind us up" and get a big response for your column or maybe you were playing Devils Advocate.
Regarding farmer Tony Martin, he had been a target by the same family many times and they had driven a very long distance to break into his house yet again. They were criminals on a mission, that's how they earned a living. I would have done the same thing in his circumstances. We live in a different world these days - there is no law and order. When I was growing up in the "wilds" of Norfolk the rule of the house was, the last one in locked the door.
Now for incapacity benefit, the Conservatives do have compassion. They realise, as most hardworking people do, that there are many people living on benefit who are more than capable of doing an honest days work for an honest days pay. Those who need it will still get it - that was stated at the time. You didn't listen to the words, did you?
There are too many passengers on ' The Gravy Train ' and it needs sorting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation