It's a different world now
I totally disagree with Matthew Gooding s opinions in last weeks personal viewpoint (Matt s Crow Country, Crow October 1). I guess this is written to wind us up and get a big response for your column or maybe you were playing Devils Advocate. Regardi
I totally disagree with Matthew Gooding's opinions in last weeks 'personal viewpoint' (Matt's Crow Country, Crow October 1). I guess this is written to "wind us up" and get a big response for your column or maybe you were playing Devils Advocate.
Regarding farmer Tony Martin, he had been a target by the same family many times and they had driven a very long distance to break into his house yet again. They were criminals on a mission, that's how they earned a living. I would have done the same thing in his circumstances. We live in a different world these days - there is no law and order. When I was growing up in the "wilds" of Norfolk the rule of the house was, the last one in locked the door.
Now for incapacity benefit, the Conservatives do have compassion. They realise, as most hardworking people do, that there are many people living on benefit who are more than capable of doing an honest days work for an honest days pay. Those who need it will still get it - that was stated at the time. You didn't listen to the words, did you?
There are too many passengers on ' The Gravy Train ' and it needs sorting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation