Important to make right decisions
I WOULD like to respond to the letter in last week s Crow from David Hall. Firstly, I do stand by my comments made to him through your papers some considerable time ago. Just why is he so interested in planning matters in Royston, when he lives in anothe
I WOULD like to respond to the letter in last week's Crow from David Hall.
Firstly, I do stand by my comments made to him through your papers some considerable time ago. Just why is he so interested in planning matters in Royston, when he lives in another county? Perhaps he would kindly advise us?
He is mistaken in his belief that I made a comment about the building at Johnson Matthey's being a monstrosity. I have never commented on the building.
I have not sat on the planning committee since last May, and would respectfully suggest Mr Hall directs any comments he may have to the chairman of the committee, as I am sure Cllr Bill Prime, the chairman, can answer his questions, or better still, contact North Herts District Council, which is the planning authority.
You may also want to watch:
The town council makes its views on planning matters known to the district council, but it may choose to accept what the town council says or make a different decision.
It is the district council which has to deal with any appeals that are made following an application being rejected, not the town council, so it is important the district council makes the right decisions, so that Council Tax money is not wasted on appeals that go against the district.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
This is also the reason some planning applications are accepted, because under planning law the district knows it would lose the appeal and cost the council tax payer money if the application was rejected.
CLLR MIKE HARRISON
Royston Town Council