I was not without fault
CAN I correct the impression given in the article relating to my recent experiences with the Standards Board for England (The Crow, January 18) When I first was informed that the SBE had received a complaint about me, at the time I could not understand wh
CAN I correct the impression given in the article relating to my recent experiences with the Standards Board for England (The Crow, January 18)
When I first was informed that the SBE had received a complaint about me, at the time I could not understand what it was in regard to (you are not informed until it has completed all the interviews what the charges relate to).
I do not now claim (as was indicated in your article) to have been without fault.
Now after a detailed and lengthy enquiry the Standards Board having been given all the facts and background have decided no further action is required.
You may also want to watch:
I accept their findings, sincerely apologise for times when I was rude or sharp to others, and now look forward to gettting back to working hard to represent the villages of Foxton and Fowlmere and the residents of South Cambridgeshire, as I have always tried to do for the past 15 years.
Cllr DEBORAH ROBERTS
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
South Cambridgeshire District Council