I was not without fault
CAN I correct the impression given in the article relating to my recent experiences with the Standards Board for England (The Crow, January 18) When I first was informed that the SBE had received a complaint about me, at the time I could not understand wh
CAN I correct the impression given in the article relating to my recent experiences with the Standards Board for England (The Crow, January 18)
When I first was informed that the SBE had received a complaint about me, at the time I could not understand what it was in regard to (you are not informed until it has completed all the interviews what the charges relate to).
I do not now claim (as was indicated in your article) to have been without fault.
Now after a detailed and lengthy enquiry the Standards Board having been given all the facts and background have decided no further action is required.
You may also want to watch:
I accept their findings, sincerely apologise for times when I was rude or sharp to others, and now look forward to gettting back to working hard to represent the villages of Foxton and Fowlmere and the residents of South Cambridgeshire, as I have always tried to do for the past 15 years.
Cllr DEBORAH ROBERTS
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
South Cambridgeshire District Council