Hotel plan looks right for site
I WRITE with regard to the proposed hotel development at the site of the old Horse and Groom pub on the A505. What a great idea. The pub has obviously been closed for a while now, but when it was open it wasn t exactly somewhere that anyone of a discernin
I WRITE with regard to the proposed hotel development at the site of the old Horse and Groom pub on the A505.
What a great idea. The pub has obviously been closed for a while now, but when it was open it wasn't exactly somewhere that anyone of a discerning nature would have wanted to frequent.
A small, good value hotel just outside our town for business people on route to Cambridge or Norwich, or for occasional visitors to the area is surely a blessing.
I know from experience that there is certainly a lack of reasonably priced accommodation in the area having recently started to plan a big party to celebrate a big birthday party (age withheld), with friends and family travelling from different parts of the country needing somewhere to stay locally.
Having to spread them about in different hotels & B&B's makes organising everything time consuming and complicated, to say the least.
A new hotel would obviously bring more jobs to the area, attract more business for the town, and, of course, generate some tax revenue, so I really can't see why there would be any objections from the local community or our trusted local councillors.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
What's more, to be rid of that hideous, derelict eye-sore that greets anyone approaching Royston from the A1 can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.