Hotel plan looks right for site
I WRITE with regard to the proposed hotel development at the site of the old Horse and Groom pub on the A505. What a great idea. The pub has obviously been closed for a while now, but when it was open it wasn t exactly somewhere that anyone of a discernin
I WRITE with regard to the proposed hotel development at the site of the old Horse and Groom pub on the A505.
What a great idea. The pub has obviously been closed for a while now, but when it was open it wasn't exactly somewhere that anyone of a discerning nature would have wanted to frequent.
A small, good value hotel just outside our town for business people on route to Cambridge or Norwich, or for occasional visitors to the area is surely a blessing.
I know from experience that there is certainly a lack of reasonably priced accommodation in the area having recently started to plan a big party to celebrate a big birthday party (age withheld), with friends and family travelling from different parts of the country needing somewhere to stay locally.
You may also want to watch:
Having to spread them about in different hotels & B&B's makes organising everything time consuming and complicated, to say the least.
A new hotel would obviously bring more jobs to the area, attract more business for the town, and, of course, generate some tax revenue, so I really can't see why there would be any objections from the local community or our trusted local councillors.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 7 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
What's more, to be rid of that hideous, derelict eye-sore that greets anyone approaching Royston from the A1 can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.