Grilled chicken with honey and soy sauce Grilled chicken with honey and soy sauce Grilled chicke
Ingredients Four chicken quarters 1 1/2 tsp five-spice powder 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 5 tbsps clear honey 5 tbsps light soy sauce ground black pepper 3 tbsps melted lard or vegetable oil Method Mix together the five-spice powder, garlic, hone
Four chicken quarters
1 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
You may also want to watch:
5 tbsps clear honey
5 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
ground black pepper
3 tbsps melted lard or vegetable oil
Mix together the five-spice powder, garlic, honey and soy sauce with some freshly-ground black pepper. Stir well, add the chicken pieces and mix. Cover and leave to marinade overnight or for several hours.
Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg C, 350 deg F.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and lay in a single layer in a roasting dish. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Heat the grill, turn the chicken pieces over and cook about six inches from the grill for about five minutes on each side, basting with the lard or oil, and turning as necessary. Be careful the chicken does not burn, although the skin will blacken as the honey sauce cooks.
Serve with rice or a salad. These quantities serve 4.