Grilled chicken with honey and soy sauce Grilled chicken with honey and soy sauce Grilled chicke
Ingredients Four chicken quarters 1 1/2 tsp five-spice powder 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 5 tbsps clear honey 5 tbsps light soy sauce ground black pepper 3 tbsps melted lard or vegetable oil Method Mix together the five-spice powder, garlic, hone
Four chicken quarters
1 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
You may also want to watch:
5 tbsps clear honey
5 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
ground black pepper
3 tbsps melted lard or vegetable oil
Mix together the five-spice powder, garlic, honey and soy sauce with some freshly-ground black pepper. Stir well, add the chicken pieces and mix. Cover and leave to marinade overnight or for several hours.
Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg C, 350 deg F.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and lay in a single layer in a roasting dish. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Heat the grill, turn the chicken pieces over and cook about six inches from the grill for about five minutes on each side, basting with the lard or oil, and turning as necessary. Be careful the chicken does not burn, although the skin will blacken as the honey sauce cooks.
Serve with rice or a salad. These quantities serve 4.