Grilled chicken with honey and soy sauce Grilled chicken with honey and soy sauce Grilled chicke
Ingredients Four chicken quarters 1 1/2 tsp five-spice powder 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 5 tbsps clear honey 5 tbsps light soy sauce ground black pepper 3 tbsps melted lard or vegetable oil Method Mix together the five-spice powder, garlic, hone
Four chicken quarters
1 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
You may also want to watch:
5 tbsps clear honey
5 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
ground black pepper
3 tbsps melted lard or vegetable oil
Mix together the five-spice powder, garlic, honey and soy sauce with some freshly-ground black pepper. Stir well, add the chicken pieces and mix. Cover and leave to marinade overnight or for several hours.
Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg C, 350 deg F.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and lay in a single layer in a roasting dish. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Heat the grill, turn the chicken pieces over and cook about six inches from the grill for about five minutes on each side, basting with the lard or oil, and turning as necessary. Be careful the chicken does not burn, although the skin will blacken as the honey sauce cooks.
Serve with rice or a salad. These quantities serve 4.