Green beans with sesame and coriander
Ingredients: 750g (11/2 lbs) green beans 1 tsp salt 4 tbsp vegetable oil 1 tsp black mustard seeds 4 cloves garlic 1in cube fresh ginger 3 tbsp roasted sesame seeds small bunch fresh coriander 1 tbsp lemon juice 1/4 tsp each black and cayenne pepper M
750g (11/2 lbs) green beans
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp vegetable oil
You may also want to watch:
1 tsp black mustard seeds
4 cloves garlic
- 1 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
1in cube fresh ginger
3 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
small bunch fresh coriander
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp each black and cayenne pepper
Green beans seem to stand up well to spices, which bring out their flavour rather than swamping it.
Try to buy organic beans for an even better taste. If you like hot food, increase the amount of cayenne, if not, leave it out. Enough for four helpings.
Dry-roast the sesame seeds by heating in a frying pan without oil until they start to turn golden. Put the seeds into a blender or coffee grinder and grind to a coarse powder.
Trim the beans and cut into 1in pieces. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the beans, cook for a few minutes until tender but still slightly crisp, then drain and run cold water over them to keep the green colour. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger, and chop the coriander.
Just before serving, heat the oil in a frying pan. When it is hot, add the mustard seeds,, garlic, and ginger, stir and fry for a minute, or until the garlic starts to brown. Add the rest of the ingredients and the beans together with 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well and heat through, then serve immediately.