Got to keep your mince pies peeled
VILLAGERS may have their Christmas party cancelled if they don t consider the risk of people choking on mince pies. Council bosses have told villagers in Yorkshire they have to carry out a risk assessment of everything they do, from putting up tinsel to e
VILLAGERS may have their Christmas party cancelled if they don't consider the risk of people choking on mince pies.
Council bosses have told villagers in Yorkshire they have to carry out a risk assessment of everything they do, from putting up tinsel to eating mince pies.
How long have people been eating mince pies, for goodness sake?
I'm sure they are quite capable of chewing and swallowing without having to carry out the heimlich manoeuvre.
You may also want to watch:
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without mince pies - or tinsel.
This is just bureaucracy gone mad - what are they thinking of!
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Craven Council's director of community services Jonathan Kerr is reported as saying: "We support these community events and we try to help local communities organise them and make sure they are as safe as possible."
But it seems some of the more silly health and safety laws just create more and more problems.
"Soon we won't be able to eat or do anything without being interrogated.
They should let us be responsible for our own actions.
"If we choke on a few crumbs or fall off a stall putting some tinsel up, then that's down to us, but they shouldn't spoil everyone's enjoyment.
Soon they will be asking Father Christmas for a criminal records check!