Got to keep your mince pies peeled
VILLAGERS may have their Christmas party cancelled if they don t consider the risk of people choking on mince pies. Council bosses have told villagers in Yorkshire they have to carry out a risk assessment of everything they do, from putting up tinsel to e
VILLAGERS may have their Christmas party cancelled if they don't consider the risk of people choking on mince pies.
Council bosses have told villagers in Yorkshire they have to carry out a risk assessment of everything they do, from putting up tinsel to eating mince pies.
How long have people been eating mince pies, for goodness sake?
I'm sure they are quite capable of chewing and swallowing without having to carry out the heimlich manoeuvre.
You may also want to watch:
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without mince pies - or tinsel.
This is just bureaucracy gone mad - what are they thinking of!
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Craven Council's director of community services Jonathan Kerr is reported as saying: "We support these community events and we try to help local communities organise them and make sure they are as safe as possible."
But it seems some of the more silly health and safety laws just create more and more problems.
"Soon we won't be able to eat or do anything without being interrogated.
They should let us be responsible for our own actions.
"If we choke on a few crumbs or fall off a stall putting some tinsel up, then that's down to us, but they shouldn't spoil everyone's enjoyment.
Soon they will be asking Father Christmas for a criminal records check!