Got to keep your mince pies peeled
VILLAGERS may have their Christmas party cancelled if they don t consider the risk of people choking on mince pies. Council bosses have told villagers in Yorkshire they have to carry out a risk assessment of everything they do, from putting up tinsel to e
VILLAGERS may have their Christmas party cancelled if they don't consider the risk of people choking on mince pies.
Council bosses have told villagers in Yorkshire they have to carry out a risk assessment of everything they do, from putting up tinsel to eating mince pies.
How long have people been eating mince pies, for goodness sake?
I'm sure they are quite capable of chewing and swallowing without having to carry out the heimlich manoeuvre.
You may also want to watch:
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without mince pies - or tinsel.
This is just bureaucracy gone mad - what are they thinking of!
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
Craven Council's director of community services Jonathan Kerr is reported as saying: "We support these community events and we try to help local communities organise them and make sure they are as safe as possible."
But it seems some of the more silly health and safety laws just create more and more problems.
"Soon we won't be able to eat or do anything without being interrogated.
They should let us be responsible for our own actions.
"If we choke on a few crumbs or fall off a stall putting some tinsel up, then that's down to us, but they shouldn't spoil everyone's enjoyment.
Soon they will be asking Father Christmas for a criminal records check!