Good Samaritan stayed ice-cool
I would like to thank the anonymous, kind and selfless man who helped me on Monday morning last week to negotiate a dreadfully icy road. There had been an accident on the A505 and the police were diverting traffic off the A505 on to the Barley and Barkwa
I would like to thank the anonymous, kind and selfless man who helped me on Monday morning last week to negotiate a dreadfully icy road.
There had been an accident on the A505 and the police were diverting traffic off the A505 on to the Barley and Barkway to Royston road.
As I came over the top of the hill of Barkway Road heading into Royston, the road conditions became appalling.
A couple of cars before me were having difficulty negotiating their way down.
You may also want to watch:
Although I was crawling along, inching my way down the hill, it was impossible to control my car, which continually slipped out of control.
A good Samaritan in a red 4X4 coming in the opposite direction, got out of his car and told me to wait as he would come back and help me.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
Once he had moved his car safely out of the way, he walked back to me and helped me, with much encouragement, telling me to turn right or left and when to apply the brakes, and also pushing the car when needed, down the hill.
The weather decided to really start throwing what it had at us, and he got covered in cold snow.
I was shaking like a leaf by the time we made it to the bottom of the hill and on to clear roads.
I hope you can help me say 'thank you' to this anonymous good Samaritan, from the lady in the grey Ford Puma.