Good Samaritan stayed ice-cool
I would like to thank the anonymous, kind and selfless man who helped me on Monday morning last week to negotiate a dreadfully icy road. There had been an accident on the A505 and the police were diverting traffic off the A505 on to the Barley and Barkwa
I would like to thank the anonymous, kind and selfless man who helped me on Monday morning last week to negotiate a dreadfully icy road.
There had been an accident on the A505 and the police were diverting traffic off the A505 on to the Barley and Barkway to Royston road.
As I came over the top of the hill of Barkway Road heading into Royston, the road conditions became appalling.
A couple of cars before me were having difficulty negotiating their way down.
You may also want to watch:
Although I was crawling along, inching my way down the hill, it was impossible to control my car, which continually slipped out of control.
A good Samaritan in a red 4X4 coming in the opposite direction, got out of his car and told me to wait as he would come back and help me.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 4 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
Once he had moved his car safely out of the way, he walked back to me and helped me, with much encouragement, telling me to turn right or left and when to apply the brakes, and also pushing the car when needed, down the hill.
The weather decided to really start throwing what it had at us, and he got covered in cold snow.
I was shaking like a leaf by the time we made it to the bottom of the hill and on to clear roads.
I hope you can help me say 'thank you' to this anonymous good Samaritan, from the lady in the grey Ford Puma.