Give us the right to determine our own future
HOW gratifying it is to see Oliver Heald s opposition to the changes proposed to the Freedom of Information Act, and that he believes that individuals are entitled to information. What a shame he does not believe that his own constituents have the right
HOW gratifying it is to see Oliver Heald's opposition to the changes proposed to the Freedom of Information Act, and that he believes that individuals are entitled to information.
What a shame he does not believe that his own constituents have the right to know his views on important matters. I have asked him four times, in writing, why he does not support a referendum on our continued membership of the European Union.
He has refused to answer the question.
I find it to be of serious concern that not only is he clearly happy for over 60 per cent of the new laws in this country to come from an unelected, and unaccountable body (the European Commission), and that he does not believe that we, the electorate and taxpayers, should have the right to determine our own future.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote