Further £10 million set to be spent on repairing our roads
I AM sure many readers share my concern as to the condition of a number of our roads in Royston. Despite the county Highway Extra programme for road and pathway resurfacing, which has been a great success, other roads are still deteriorating, and again th
I AM sure many readers share my concern as to the condition of a number of our roads in Royston.
Despite the county Highway Extra programme for road and pathway resurfacing, which has been a great success, other roads are still deteriorating, and again this year Herts County Council will spend a further £10 million countywide in an endeavour to halt this situation.
York Way is yet to be finalised from this year's programme, but should be completed by early March.
Fish Hill, Market Hill, Orchard Way, are due for resurfacing next year (after March), along with Kingsway, Hunters Way, The Close, and Hollies Close, which are all to be dressed.
You may also want to watch:
Pathways in Poplar Drive, and Tannery Drift will also receive attention.
There are a number of drainage schemes to address flooding problems and reconstruction work to deal with damaged grass verges.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
Highway faults, including pavement problems, potholes, faulty street lights, and any other problems can be reported by calling 01438 737320, or visit the website at www.hertsdirect.org/highwayfaults
Road maintenance is an ongoing, and costly programme.
I can assure you that all work is prioritised by our engineers, and we will do the best we can with the limited funding available.