Fully behind campaign for our Armed Forces
I AM responding to the report in The Crow last week about the Royal British Legion s Covenant campaign. The Conservative Party strongly supports the Military Covenant. There is not a person in this land who believes that Britain s Armed Forces have not
I AM responding to the report in The Crow last week about the Royal British Legion's Covenant campaign.
The Conservative Party strongly supports the Military Covenant. There is not a person in this land who believes that Britain's Armed Forces have not fulfilled their part of the bargain.
They have done so magnificently. They have met their duty under the military covenant, but the Government has failed them in return.
The serving men and women of the military must be able to trust the Government to look after the wellbeing of the Armed Forces and their families. To date, this Government has failed to honour its commitment to the Military Covenant.
You may also want to watch:
The Conservative Party strongly supports the Royal British Legion's campaign calling on the Government to uphold their half of the bargain.
We have pledged that we will put together a specific manifesto explaining how a future Conservative government will help and assist the families of our Armed Forces.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
So, I am fully behind Chris Murphy and the Royston Branch in this important campaign.
OLIVER HEALD MP