Fully behind campaign for our Armed Forces
I AM responding to the report in The Crow last week about the Royal British Legion s Covenant campaign. The Conservative Party strongly supports the Military Covenant. There is not a person in this land who believes that Britain s Armed Forces have not
I AM responding to the report in The Crow last week about the Royal British Legion's Covenant campaign.
The Conservative Party strongly supports the Military Covenant. There is not a person in this land who believes that Britain's Armed Forces have not fulfilled their part of the bargain.
They have done so magnificently. They have met their duty under the military covenant, but the Government has failed them in return.
The serving men and women of the military must be able to trust the Government to look after the wellbeing of the Armed Forces and their families. To date, this Government has failed to honour its commitment to the Military Covenant.
The Conservative Party strongly supports the Royal British Legion's campaign calling on the Government to uphold their half of the bargain.
We have pledged that we will put together a specific manifesto explaining how a future Conservative government will help and assist the families of our Armed Forces.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 5 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 6 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 7 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
So, I am fully behind Chris Murphy and the Royston Branch in this important campaign.
OLIVER HEALD MP