Fully behind campaign for our Armed Forces
I AM responding to the report in The Crow last week about the Royal British Legion s Covenant campaign. The Conservative Party strongly supports the Military Covenant. There is not a person in this land who believes that Britain s Armed Forces have not
I AM responding to the report in The Crow last week about the Royal British Legion's Covenant campaign.
The Conservative Party strongly supports the Military Covenant. There is not a person in this land who believes that Britain's Armed Forces have not fulfilled their part of the bargain.
They have done so magnificently. They have met their duty under the military covenant, but the Government has failed them in return.
The serving men and women of the military must be able to trust the Government to look after the wellbeing of the Armed Forces and their families. To date, this Government has failed to honour its commitment to the Military Covenant.
You may also want to watch:
The Conservative Party strongly supports the Royal British Legion's campaign calling on the Government to uphold their half of the bargain.
We have pledged that we will put together a specific manifesto explaining how a future Conservative government will help and assist the families of our Armed Forces.
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
So, I am fully behind Chris Murphy and the Royston Branch in this important campaign.
OLIVER HEALD MP