From the Herts Quarter Sessions 1619-1657
- Order that Elizabeth, widow of John Rackett, whoe heretofore marched into Scotland with the Army and is lately dead, shall have 5 shillings quarterly till the Bench shall give further order herein. – Quarter Sessions, April 7, 1651 - Warrant to the pe
- Order that Elizabeth, widow of John Rackett, "whoe heretofore marched into Scotland with the Army" and is lately dead, shall have 5 shillings quarterly till the Bench shall give further order herein.
- Quarter Sessions, April 7, 1651
- Warrant to the petty constables and head boroughs of Ashwell to make diligent search from time to time in the said parish in every suspected house or place for stolen goods, and to apprehend any person offending, who are to be examined and dealt with according to their offence.
- Quarter Sessions, July 10, 1649
You may also want to watch:
- Henry Edwards, of Wallington, committed to gaol till he pay 5 shillings to the use of the poor, for keeping an alehouse without a licence.
- Quarter Sessions, April 6, 1646
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 3 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 5 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- Order that the sum of £31 be forthwith levied upon the several divisions of the county by the High Constables towards the repair of the great bridge near Buntingford, now much decayed, which should be repaired at the charge of the whole county.
- Quarter Sessions, July 12, 1652