From the Herts Quarter Sessions 1619-1657
- Order that Elizabeth, widow of John Rackett, whoe heretofore marched into Scotland with the Army and is lately dead, shall have 5 shillings quarterly till the Bench shall give further order herein. – Quarter Sessions, April 7, 1651 - Warrant to the pe
- Order that Elizabeth, widow of John Rackett, "whoe heretofore marched into Scotland with the Army" and is lately dead, shall have 5 shillings quarterly till the Bench shall give further order herein.
- Quarter Sessions, April 7, 1651
- Warrant to the petty constables and head boroughs of Ashwell to make diligent search from time to time in the said parish in every suspected house or place for stolen goods, and to apprehend any person offending, who are to be examined and dealt with according to their offence.
- Quarter Sessions, July 10, 1649
You may also want to watch:
- Henry Edwards, of Wallington, committed to gaol till he pay 5 shillings to the use of the poor, for keeping an alehouse without a licence.
- Quarter Sessions, April 6, 1646
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 9 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- Order that the sum of £31 be forthwith levied upon the several divisions of the county by the High Constables towards the repair of the great bridge near Buntingford, now much decayed, which should be repaired at the charge of the whole county.
- Quarter Sessions, July 12, 1652