From the Herts Quarter Sessions 1619-1657
- Order that Elizabeth, widow of John Rackett, whoe heretofore marched into Scotland with the Army and is lately dead, shall have 5 shillings quarterly till the Bench shall give further order herein. – Quarter Sessions, April 7, 1651 - Warrant to the pe
- Order that Elizabeth, widow of John Rackett, "whoe heretofore marched into Scotland with the Army" and is lately dead, shall have 5 shillings quarterly till the Bench shall give further order herein.
- Quarter Sessions, April 7, 1651
- Warrant to the petty constables and head boroughs of Ashwell to make diligent search from time to time in the said parish in every suspected house or place for stolen goods, and to apprehend any person offending, who are to be examined and dealt with according to their offence.
- Quarter Sessions, July 10, 1649
You may also want to watch:
- Henry Edwards, of Wallington, committed to gaol till he pay 5 shillings to the use of the poor, for keeping an alehouse without a licence.
- Quarter Sessions, April 6, 1646
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 3 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 8 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 9 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- Order that the sum of £31 be forthwith levied upon the several divisions of the county by the High Constables towards the repair of the great bridge near Buntingford, now much decayed, which should be repaired at the charge of the whole county.
- Quarter Sessions, July 12, 1652