From the Archives
30 years ago MEMBERS of the Royston Bypass Action Group met Herts County Council officers in a bid to ensure that plans were included in a list of priority schemes. County Hall experts were handed a document, The Case for a Royston Bypass, which spelled
30 years ago
MEMBERS of the Royston Bypass Action Group met Herts County Council officers in a bid to ensure that plans were included in a list of priority schemes. County Hall experts were handed a document, The Case for a Royston Bypass, which spelled out the need for such a scheme.
20 years ago
WORK on the Coombes Community Centre in Royston was expected to be given the go-ahead from North Herts District Council.
There had been problems over the project because the district council could not decide which department would meet the £275,000 bill for the development.
10 years ago
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
A LATE-night bus service was under threat of being axed because of rowdy behaviour by a group of youngsters.
Cambridgeshire County Council was deciding whether to end the 11.10pm service between Cambridge and Royston. The service had been running for a year.