From the Archives
30 years ago MEMBERS of the Royston Bypass Action Group met Herts County Council officers in a bid to ensure that plans were included in a list of priority schemes. County Hall experts were handed a document, The Case for a Royston Bypass, which spelled
30 years ago
MEMBERS of the Royston Bypass Action Group met Herts County Council officers in a bid to ensure that plans were included in a list of priority schemes. County Hall experts were handed a document, The Case for a Royston Bypass, which spelled out the need for such a scheme.
20 years ago
WORK on the Coombes Community Centre in Royston was expected to be given the go-ahead from North Herts District Council.
There had been problems over the project because the district council could not decide which department would meet the £275,000 bill for the development.
10 years ago
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
A LATE-night bus service was under threat of being axed because of rowdy behaviour by a group of youngsters.
Cambridgeshire County Council was deciding whether to end the 11.10pm service between Cambridge and Royston. The service had been running for a year.