Forget the party politics
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to toe the party line . (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner. Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to pl
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to "toe the party line". (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner.
Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to play party politics.
I have been around long enough to remember when there were independent councillors who were free to stand up and express their views without reference to a rule book.
Sadly, those days are long gone, but not for the better.
- 1 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s