Forget the party politics
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to toe the party line . (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner. Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to pl
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to "toe the party line". (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner.
Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to play party politics.
I have been around long enough to remember when there were independent councillors who were free to stand up and express their views without reference to a rule book.
Sadly, those days are long gone, but not for the better.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims