Forget the party politics
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to toe the party line . (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner. Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to pl
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to "toe the party line". (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner.
Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to play party politics.
I have been around long enough to remember when there were independent councillors who were free to stand up and express their views without reference to a rule book.
Sadly, those days are long gone, but not for the better.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 6 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station