Forget the party politics
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to toe the party line . (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner. Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to pl
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to "toe the party line". (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner.
Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to play party politics.
I have been around long enough to remember when there were independent councillors who were free to stand up and express their views without reference to a rule book.
Sadly, those days are long gone, but not for the better.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine