Forget the party politics
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to toe the party line . (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner. Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to pl
OH dear! Councillor Rod Kennedy has been a naughty boy and refused to "toe the party line". (Crow, June 22). Slap his wrist and suspend him in the corner.
Come on you councillors, you have been elected by the people of Royston and work for them, not to play party politics.
I have been around long enough to remember when there were independent councillors who were free to stand up and express their views without reference to a rule book.
Sadly, those days are long gone, but not for the better.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs