Flushed with success over five new toilets
What a wonderful country we live in. We have the Freedom of Information Act that our glorious financially prudent politicians brought in, and this has allowed me to get the information needed with regards to the new toilets in Fish Hill Royston. We have
What a wonderful country we live in. We have the Freedom of Information Act that our glorious financially prudent politicians brought in, and this has allowed me to get the information needed with regards to the new toilets in Fish Hill Royston.
We have district councillors who spent �20.000 on the planning stages (consultants, architect, quantity surveyors etc), then a further �155.192 on the building of said toilet block. Money well spent? I'd say!
Lets face it folks that is only a total of �175.192 for five toilet cubicles. When you break the figures down it means that based on the figures for Band C council tax for North Herts 2007/08 (lets say an average of �1,200 per year) it took only 146 houses worth of council tax to pay for the super new toilets.
I think that is wonderful value for money. So the next time you are using the splendid new toilets in Fish Hill and are looking around at the value-for-money fittings within, think about our North Herts District Councillors who made this possible with the help of our money. Makes me proud to be British, hurrah.
You may also want to watch:
Yours with some sincerity,
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 8 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 9 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 10 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone