Flushed with success over five new toilets
What a wonderful country we live in. We have the Freedom of Information Act that our glorious financially prudent politicians brought in, and this has allowed me to get the information needed with regards to the new toilets in Fish Hill Royston. We have
What a wonderful country we live in. We have the Freedom of Information Act that our glorious financially prudent politicians brought in, and this has allowed me to get the information needed with regards to the new toilets in Fish Hill Royston.
We have district councillors who spent �20.000 on the planning stages (consultants, architect, quantity surveyors etc), then a further �155.192 on the building of said toilet block. Money well spent? I'd say!
Lets face it folks that is only a total of �175.192 for five toilet cubicles. When you break the figures down it means that based on the figures for Band C council tax for North Herts 2007/08 (lets say an average of �1,200 per year) it took only 146 houses worth of council tax to pay for the super new toilets.
I think that is wonderful value for money. So the next time you are using the splendid new toilets in Fish Hill and are looking around at the value-for-money fittings within, think about our North Herts District Councillors who made this possible with the help of our money. Makes me proud to be British, hurrah.
You may also want to watch:
Yours with some sincerity,
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 5 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 6 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 9 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 10 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree