Fillet of Pork with Almond Stuffing
Ingredients: One pork tenderloin, about 350g (12oz) 50g (2oz) flaked almonds salt and pepper a little flour 3 tbsp olive oil 1 small glass dry sherry 1/4 litre stock or water 2 tbsp chopped onions 2 tbsp thick cream Method USING a heavy non-stick frying-
One pork tenderloin, about 350g (12oz)
50g (2oz) flaked almonds
salt and pepper
You may also want to watch:
a little flour
3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
1 small glass dry sherry
1/4 litre stock or water
2 tbsp chopped onions
2 tbsp thick cream
USING a heavy non-stick frying-pan, roast the almonds over medium heat, then cool and crush in a mortar.
Make a long pocket in the tenderloin by cutting it lengthways, sprinkle with salt and fill with the almonds. Tie up the fillet at intervals with string and roll in the flour.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy casserole and brown the meat all over. Lower the heat, add the sherry and onions and cook gently for a few minutes. Pour in the stock and cover the pan. Cook gently for 45 minutes, then stir in the cream. Serve cut into slices.
Enough for two.