Fillet of Pork with Almond Stuffing
Ingredients: One pork tenderloin, about 350g (12oz) 50g (2oz) flaked almonds salt and pepper a little flour 3 tbsp olive oil 1 small glass dry sherry 1/4 litre stock or water 2 tbsp chopped onions 2 tbsp thick cream Method USING a heavy non-stick frying-
One pork tenderloin, about 350g (12oz)
50g (2oz) flaked almonds
salt and pepper
You may also want to watch:
a little flour
3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 4 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
1 small glass dry sherry
1/4 litre stock or water
2 tbsp chopped onions
2 tbsp thick cream
USING a heavy non-stick frying-pan, roast the almonds over medium heat, then cool and crush in a mortar.
Make a long pocket in the tenderloin by cutting it lengthways, sprinkle with salt and fill with the almonds. Tie up the fillet at intervals with string and roll in the flour.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy casserole and brown the meat all over. Lower the heat, add the sherry and onions and cook gently for a few minutes. Pour in the stock and cover the pan. Cook gently for 45 minutes, then stir in the cream. Serve cut into slices.
Enough for two.