Fillet of Pork with Almond Stuffing
Ingredients: One pork tenderloin, about 350g (12oz) 50g (2oz) flaked almonds salt and pepper a little flour 3 tbsp olive oil 1 small glass dry sherry 1/4 litre stock or water 2 tbsp chopped onions 2 tbsp thick cream Method USING a heavy non-stick frying-
One pork tenderloin, about 350g (12oz)
50g (2oz) flaked almonds
salt and pepper
You may also want to watch:
a little flour
3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
1 small glass dry sherry
1/4 litre stock or water
2 tbsp chopped onions
2 tbsp thick cream
USING a heavy non-stick frying-pan, roast the almonds over medium heat, then cool and crush in a mortar.
Make a long pocket in the tenderloin by cutting it lengthways, sprinkle with salt and fill with the almonds. Tie up the fillet at intervals with string and roll in the flour.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy casserole and brown the meat all over. Lower the heat, add the sherry and onions and cook gently for a few minutes. Pour in the stock and cover the pan. Cook gently for 45 minutes, then stir in the cream. Serve cut into slices.
Enough for two.