Feeling a right drip
THIS really is not the way to treat an editor. I mean to say, an upright, respected member of the community should not have to be humiliated in such a way. I m talking of being a victim of the ducking stool in the grounds of the parish church on Saturday.
THIS really is not the way to treat an editor. I mean to say, an upright, respected member of the community should not have to be humiliated in such a way.
I'm talking of being a victim of the ducking stool in the grounds of the parish church on Saturday.
There were some people who seemed to take a particular delight in seeing an editor have a gallon of cold water suddenly tipped all over them.
And I know who they are.
You may also want to watch:
This was not a soaking. This was a drowning. It was a calculated plan to see me suffer in the most embarrassing way possible.
And there seems to be a misconception that I actually volunteered for this particular act of stupidity.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
The organiser Trevor Lloyd - otherwise known as Tricky Trev for his organisational skills for such events - decided that in the cause of helping raise more money for the church restoration plans the man who should be a key victim was one who people love to hate.
Those were his words, not mine.
And Tricky Trev being so persuasive, there was not the opportunity to actually turn down his offer.
Still, at least I wasn't the only victim and the church now has an exclusive ducking club - and to join all you have to do next year is become one of Tricky Trev's "victims".
And, by the way, he did do it himself. (Or so I have been told).