Feeling a right drip
THIS really is not the way to treat an editor. I mean to say, an upright, respected member of the community should not have to be humiliated in such a way. I m talking of being a victim of the ducking stool in the grounds of the parish church on Saturday.
THIS really is not the way to treat an editor. I mean to say, an upright, respected member of the community should not have to be humiliated in such a way.
I'm talking of being a victim of the ducking stool in the grounds of the parish church on Saturday.
There were some people who seemed to take a particular delight in seeing an editor have a gallon of cold water suddenly tipped all over them.
And I know who they are.
You may also want to watch:
This was not a soaking. This was a drowning. It was a calculated plan to see me suffer in the most embarrassing way possible.
And there seems to be a misconception that I actually volunteered for this particular act of stupidity.
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
The organiser Trevor Lloyd - otherwise known as Tricky Trev for his organisational skills for such events - decided that in the cause of helping raise more money for the church restoration plans the man who should be a key victim was one who people love to hate.
Those were his words, not mine.
And Tricky Trev being so persuasive, there was not the opportunity to actually turn down his offer.
Still, at least I wasn't the only victim and the church now has an exclusive ducking club - and to join all you have to do next year is become one of Tricky Trev's "victims".
And, by the way, he did do it himself. (Or so I have been told).